Chapter 15

"You.. Kang Seulgi."

Byul announced and it was enough for the people to gasp at how absurd it is. Seulgi was frozen at her spot as she feels her knees wobble in disbelief, staring at byul if the girl was serious or not.

"W-What did lisa do to you?" Seulgi said as she backs out a little bit, finding something to hold on to because she feels like collapsing any minute now.

But instead of explaining, byul just gave her the warmest smile she could ever make while sighing her deepest breath.

"Lisa didn't do anything actually.. and you know that."

Seulgi was shaking her head as she looks at byul in disbelief while the latter just look up and smile at the ceiling. Yongsun was beyond astounded too. She can't quite comprehend why byul came up with that affirmation well infact seulgi was the one helping them through the whole time.. or do they thought so?

"You just made everyone believe Lisa's behind all of this but in reality, you are.. in the very first place actually." Byul added, still looking up as if she's trying to remember everything she have noticed for the past few months.

"As far as I know, you're the only one who knows the passcode of my phone. You are the one who texted lisa and the council saying I was in a vacation and I am safe." Byul said and smile.

"And I don't think you remember, but you just exposed yourself when you ask yongsun to take me out on a movie.."

Seulgi turns pale at her sister's statement, but she didn't dare to speak nor react afraid that she'll just do something she will regret. Instead, she bit her lip to stop it from trembling.

"You mentioned there will be no tribes that will harm us and it looks pretty normal if I may say. But the thing is... as far as I recall yongsun never mentioned the tribes to you or what they want from us."

Byul continued and smiled at seulgi, but the latter knows that smile is worth a meaning she wouldn't like. Seulgi was about to defend herself but byul instantly looks away from her and stare at yongsun.

"Am I right, yongsun-ssi?"

Yongsun felt like a rock as she froze when byul mentioned her name. It's the first time she heard the girl said addressed her by her real name, it was so nice to hear that she can't help but shiver at it.

As byul keep staring at her, that's when she shook her head to compose herself. She's trying to remember the time she have mentioned the tribe to seulgi, but byul was right, she hasn't opened that topic to her yet.

"Y-You're right--"

"No! You told me the day we first met!"

Yongsun was shocked at the sudden outburst as she looks at seulgi with furrowed eyebrows. This isn't the seulgi she knows before, this isn't the seulgi she befriended.

It's like the girl was someone new, someone so aggressive.

"I interrupted your conversation that day, seulgi.. and I was listening the whole time. Yongsun never discussed about the island and who was living on it, but how did you know?" Byul continued to talk and once again the tension rose up to the ceiling.

And the next thing byul said, made seulgi ball her fist to control her temper, or to exposed herself even more..

"You're the master they've been worshiping, am I right?"

All were in complete silence after byul said those words.

Lisa and the other two bodyguards were just watching how the two interact by exchanging words they can't quite understand. Yongsun who was confused at first now understands everything as she realized the chief definitely mentioned about the master thingy.