Chapter 16

---

The room fell silent for about a minute after byul exposed seulgi real intentions. Byul was just waiting for her to talk or to defend herself just like she's always doing in those last minutes, but it's like seulgi gave up when all she does is looks at the ground with trembling hands. She was now accepting the fact that she was caught red-handed.

Yongsun wants to comfort the girl because any minute now she feels like breaking down. But yongsun knows she deserves this, she deserves this tension and tautness she's feeling.

"I'm giving you a chance to explain yourself, seulgi." Byul spoke once again, now pulling the needles that were taped in the back of her hands.

"Why are you doing this?" She paused and took a glance at her sister who is now on the verge of crying.

Seulgi was feeling the environment. There are no sounds or any movements from the people that surround her. She knows all of them are waiting for her explanation. There's no use in lying now and she knows it, that's why she's nervous than before.

Seulgi balls her hands into a tight fist before she closed her eyes and heaved a deep breath... and that time, she confessed.

"I heard you once, you're talking to someone on your phone.. you said you're transferring the business on Lisa's name." Seulgi started and byul was just listening.

"I can't accept it. We've been each other's side for long years and you're giving it to her well infact you have me. I can manage that business just like she can or be even better than her. But you choose that bitch over me.. you chose this selfish disappointment person to manage our parent's business." Seulgi gritted her teeth and point Lisa who was just looking at her without remorse. Why would she? Atleast she's true to herself.

"I can't understand why are you giving up on the company you've worked your whole life.. or why did you choose on giving it to her instead of me."

"Seulgi, that business belongs to Lisa in the very first place. I'm just the substitute till she realized her wrong doings and faces the reality." Byul calmly stated as she was now done detaching all the tubes and needles to her body. She put the sheets that were covering her body to the side and rose completely.

"Why can't I have it? It's unfair to think I'm the one who's always there for you--"

Seulgi was cut off when byul walk towards her direction with an expression she doesn't know what to call. Disappointed? Angry? Frustrated? Furious? She doesn't know.. but one things sure, byul was not fooling around here.

Seulgi is like a lost puppy when byul looks down at her for a whole 5 seconds. She lowers her head and almost kneels by how intense those stares are.. as if byul is about to start a war and seulgi's a soldier who doesn't have any weapon to protect herself.

Byul was standing infront of her.. and seulgi want to hug her sister to apologize but she's scared knowing what she have done.

"I ask you once, when we're watching the stars and just chilling at the resort. I ask you what do you want to do with your life.. and you said you wanted to open a business that relates to art since you like making artistic things. I saw the potential in you and how happy you shared those things with me. That's when I decided what I gotta have to do.." The tension subsides as byul speaks so softly at her sister.

She admits, seulgi have made indefensible things to her.. but she loves her more than everything. This person is her bestfriend at all.

"W-What.. d-do you mean--"

"Yes seulgi. I open a business just for you and was gonna give it as a surprise present. I didn't plan on giving you the family business because you're starting a business on your own.."