CHAPTER EIGHT | the snow, or confetti.

8| CHAPTER EIGHT
if you'd just told me
i'd be home with you

8| CHAPTER EIGHTif you'd just told mei'd be home with you

──────

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

LUCIEN KNEW DRACO WOULD BE IN THEIR ROOM, TOSSING AROUND IN BED WITH NOTHING MUCH to do, but he kept himself from going into the dormitory; even if he passed by the common room admittedly a few too many times.

He never liked hanging in the room when it was daytime, the sun somehow made Black Lake's waters more threatening. It made him feel uneasy. Draco knew that, that was why he probably was hiding in there.

He didn't want to call him out on his lie, he was in no place to do so. He didn't want to go barging into the room and demand answers; not even when he saw Pansy with Daphne sitting by the lake and asked about Draco. As expected, they hadn't seen him since they left for Honeyduke's that morning and they had just returned.

His arm hurting less; he had time to mull over other things, like Draco and Pansy. He had run a few scenarios over in his head and finally decided that the two weren't dating. It didn't make any sense. Draco would tell him, he hoped, if he had a crush.

Wait. Was that what he was going to say earlier? Maybe he was going to confess that he liked Pansy back. That must have been why he was so nervous. But that wasn't like Draco. He wouldn't get worried over something so simple, not breaking his calm demeanour just to talk about a relationship.

After he spent thirty minutes debating whether his two best friends were dating, he settled on an answer. They weren't. He was not going to take a simple friendly act he saw between the two and turn it into something suspicious, he didn't want to jump to any conclusions. He always found misunderstandings stupid and didn't want to mark Draco off as such.

If the Malfoy boy was dating Pansy, he would be able to keep it a secret as long as he wanted to and nobody would know. If he truly wanted to hide it, he wouldn't tell Lucien he was going to see her. He was smarter than that, Lucien had to be fair to him.

Concluding there were no illicit affairs, Lucien felt more at ease. He wouldn't be happy if his two closest friends were dating, the relationship would definitely challenge the status quo. Their not so close-knit friend group would fall apart easily.

He played with the sleeves of Draco's cardigan; careful not to mess up the neat knotting as he pulled on the edges anxiously, trying to think of something that'd keep him busy. He didn't want to go to the library and study, he had been doing that a lot lately; and with some advanced reading to understand his condition, he felt suffocated. Year four was supposed to be hard, but probably not this much.