CHAPTER THREE | legacy.

3| CHAPTER THREE
the headmaster
hates slytherin!

3| CHAPTER THREEthe headmaster hates slytherin!

──────

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

"NOT TO SPOIL ANYBODY'S FUN BUT IS ANYONE ELSE IS AT LEAST A BIT WORRIED ABOUT the Death Eaters as I am?" Dodie paced around the room as Lucien made sure he had packed everything for another semester at Hogwarts. It was September 1st already. The remaining days of August, following the incident that occurred the night of the Quidditch World Cup final, had been wasted away with Draco.

The two have been hanging out, mostly because Draco was not comfortable at home and was staying at theirs. Lucien knew it had something to do with the Dark Mark and Lucius Malfoy's sudden departure as soon as he saw it. He knew the Malfoys and the Kings shared a past, a connection to the Dark Lord, that the two boys mutually agreed to never comment on. Lucien would be the last one to confront Draco about the possibility of his dad being a Death Eater, he knew better.

After all, Lucius was still alive. It was a possibility that he had been one of Dark Lord's followers once but now chose another path. His dad, on the other hand, had died a monster.

It didn't matter whether Lucien had a say in the matter, Draco was always talking about something silly but never about the night of the match. With the first day of school approaching at the time, the two spent their days planning out their whole year, Draco picking at him whenever he spotted him reading a book by a muggle writer ( Lucien mostly read poems, and reading Allen Ginsberg was his guilty pleasure ).

But mostly they wasted their days away by getting extremely pumped up when they talked about how they were going to beat Gryffindor in Quidditch ( they knew they weren't going to win the House Cup because Dumbledore hated Slytherin and adored 'the boy who lived' and the rest of Gryffindor ) this year.

The first day of fall had arrived, earlier than Lucien had expected, Draco had left to pack for the new semester and Lucien was now left alone to deal with Dodie and Ivy.

"You're scaring the child, Dodie!" Ivy overdramatically sighed.

"Yeah, right," Lucien rolled his eyes at her but continued to go through his checklist to see if everything he needed was packed. A few muggle books were safely hidden in the depths of his luggage. "I'm not genuinely worried. It's not like they are after me."

"How can you be so sure?" Dodie had started biting her nails, the fear in her eyes visible as she talked about the Death Eaters. At least she was sitting now, on the edge of Lucien's messy bed.