Chapter Eighty Seven

)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(-)(

"As much as I hate Divination," Logan muttered as a large proportion of the school observed Trelawney and Umbridge. "I hate Umbridge even more now for this stunt."

"Yeah."

It was barely twenty minutes into dinner, a couple weeks after Rebekah and Voldemort's little talk, when the yelling began outside the Great Hall. Most of the school rushed out into the Entrance Hall so they could observe what was happening. Professor Trelawney stood in the middle with her wand in one hand and an empty sherry bottle in the other. She looked like a wreck as her hair stood on ends and her glasses were lopsided enough to give the look of one eye being much bigger than the other. She had two trunks on the floor near her, one looking as if it had been thrown after her.

The Crown sat and stood around one side of the large staircase. Logan sat on the step, one leg out on it as the other was bent. The group stood around him beside Rebekah and Tracey. While Rebekah sat on the step with him, an ankle over a knee as she rested her elbow on it, Tracey leaned back on the step and onto the one behind her with her ankles crossed. Though they took up a larger than average portion of space on the staircase compared to everyone else as they watched, no one said a word.

"No!" Trelawney whispered into her hands, half hiding her face in disbelief. "This cannot be happening… It cannot… I refuse to accept it!"

"How did you not realise this was coming?" Umbridge asked, a disgusting amount of amusement at Trelawney's sadness in her voice. "As incapable as you are of predicting tomorrow's weather, you must have surely realized that your pitiful performance during my inspections, and lack of any improvement, would make it inevitable that you would be sacked?"

"Can Pinky get her fired?" Tracey asked, looking at the group for a second before shrugging. "Can we get Pinky fired instead?"

"You think Rebekah hasn't thought of that?" Blaise shook his head.

"Tried," Rebekah stated. "Nope. Nothing we can do would work to get her fired. We'll wait until the end of the year when we get a new teacher. You know how it is with the Defense position, no teacher has kept it for more than a year."

"Died, amnesia," Daphne counted it off on her fingers. "Werewolf, though Lupin couldn't help it, imposter, and now Pinky. I wonder who we'll have next."

"Someone that doesn't hate children would be amazing," Astoria said before they went back to the commotion in front of them.

"— Of Magic countersigned the order for your dismissal. Now kindly remove yourself from this hall. You are embarrassing us." Umbridge had this look of gloating enjoyment that sent a round of disgust through the student body.

Professor Minerva McGonagall looked furious as she marched straight up to Trelawney and handed the crying Witch a handkerchief. "...Blow your nose on this… It's not as bad as you think, now…You are not going to have to leave Hogwarts…"

"Oh really, Professor McGonagall?" Umbridge mused, her lips pursed angrily but with a tone of confidence in her words. "And your authority for that statement is…?"

"That would be mine."

Dumbledore had the students scurrying out of his way by simply walking towards McGonagall and the crying Trelawney. The oak doors of the Entrance hall had swung open and let a slight breeze into the hall, a misty night could be seen outside.