Chapter 9

While she sat outside she saw a patronus. A doe.

"That can't be mum, she doesn't know where we are."

So she stood up and followed it.

When she got there she looked down and saw a lake. When the light was gone it was over part of the ice.

She brushed the snow off some of it and saw the sword.

Then she looked on her left then right but saw nothing.

"Accio sword!"

But it didn't work. So she looked back and forth again and then said.

"Defindo!"

The ice cracked enough for him to go down. So she started to undress and then went down.

While she was down there she felt the locket start to chock her. While she tried to stop it she heard footsteps.

A few seconds later there was a different sound. When he was about to pass out she felt someone pull her out of the water.

When she got out she started to cough. Then she put her glasses on.

"Henry?"

"Are you mad?!"

"Ron? Hermione?"

"Well yeah, who did you think it was?" Ron said.

"It was one of you, one of you made a patronus." she said.

"No we thought that was you?" Hermione said.

"No my patronus is a dog like Sirius."

"Oh, right." Ron said.

When she was all dressed up she took the locket off and put it in front of them.

Hermione had gone behind a tree so that she didn't have to worry about something hitting her.

"OK then, do it Ron." Jade said.

"I can't. I can't do it." he said.

"Then why did you two come back? Why are you here?"

Ron stood there quietly for a few seconds.

"I'm going to open it," said Jade, "Don't hesitate because whatever's in there will put up a fight. The bit of Riddle in the Diary tried to kill me."

"How are you going to open it?" asked Ron. He looked terrified

"I'm going to ask it to open, using Parseltongue," said Jade.

"Ready?"

He nodded and took out the sword.

"Alright, One . . . two . . . three . . .open."

Behind both of the glass windows within blinked a living eye, dark and handsome as Tom Riddle's eyes had been before he turned them scarlet and slit-pupiled.

"Stab," said Jade, holding the locket steady on the rock.

Ron raised the sword in his shaking hands: The point dangled over the frantically swiveling eyes, and Jade gripped the locket tightly, bracing herself.

Then a voice hissed from out the Horcrux.

"I have seen your heart, and it is mine."

"Don't listen to it!" Jade said harshly. "Stab it!"

"I have seen your dreams, Ronald Weasley, and I have seen your fears. All you desire is possible, but all that you dread is also possible..."

"Stab!" shouted Jade, her voice echoed off the surrounding trees, the sword point trembled, and Ron gazed down into Riddle's eyes.