Chapter 14: The New Challenge

(Wu Shi Academy, Nighttime.)

(Liu Kang is seen training as Kitana ponders about something)

Kitana: Was Liu Kang supposed to have won the tournament?

Raiden: (comes in) Maybe… but if neither him nor Izuku, who?

Zuko: (comes in) Yeah… you got me in this, Lord Raiden. Even with his Shaolin skills, I highly doubt Liu Kang could do what Izuku did. He made my father and my sister look like a joke.

(Shang Tsung comes in as Kitana notices his presence)

Kitana: Coming to congratulate us for our victory, Shang Tsung?

(Zuko notices Shang Tsung)

Zuko: You…

Shang Tsung: I came here to propose you a challenge.

Raiden: Let me guess… another tournament?

Shang Tsung: Yes.

Kitana: Just send my regards to my mother.

(Shang Tsung chuckles as he opens a portal and various tarkatans assault the temple. Enraged, Kitana fights Shang Tsung while Zuko decides to fight the tarkatans army by himself)

Zuko: (uses his firebending) Feel the wrath of the prince of the Fire Nation!!

(Zuko burns most of the tarkatans alive as Jax comes in and grabs the tarkatan who was approaching Zuko by the neck)

Jax: Gotcha!

(Jax hits the tarkatan so hard, breaking his mandible while Zuko keeps burning the tarkatans until a lightning is about to hit him, but Jax defends Zuko by getting hit instead of him. Then Azula comes in)

Azula: Oh… I was supposed to hit you, brother…

Zuko: You…

(Then Zuko tries to fight Azula, but she avoids his attacks and manages to hit him with her lightningbending, knocking him out. Then she places her foot on him)

Azula: Where is your friend now?

(Then a spear comes out of nowhere, hitting Azula’s arm, then pulling her as Tarantula appears and lands various brutal hits on her until Shang Tsung hits him with a fireball)

(Some time later, the trio wakes up)

Iroh: Zuko, Izuku, are you okay?

Tarantula: What happened?

Kitana: Shang Tsung hit you with a fireball while you were about to finish Azula.

Cassie: And my mother was taken away by those bastards.

Jax: We’re outnumbered…

Aang: (comes in) Not quite. I gathered some people who are more than willing to help.

(Then Sokka, Toph, Katara, Stryker, most of the Union Academy Heroes, Jacqui Briggs, Kung Jin and Takeda are seen)

Jacqui: Let’s show those bastards what happens when they mess with Earthrealm!

(At Outworld, Sonya is seen tied up as Ozai comes in)

Ozai: I was waiting for my bastard son to be brought… but I guess you’ll serve.

(Then Shao Kahn and his warriors, including the League of Villains come in)

Shao Kahn: It’s just a matter of time until they come here to try to save their friend.

(Then a portal opens and the Earthrealm Warriors come in)

Shao Kahn: So you finally accepted my challenge. Very well, let the Mortal Kombat begin!

(To be continued)