Fallin

Im in love with person not with her past or her present but I want to be her future....

______________________________

Yongsun POV

"Having breakfast with them feels like I always belong here, like I'm their own part of the family. They never make me feel lesser or like an outsider. Her mom and dad are so loving and sweet, I find myself staring at them with a smile plastered on my lips, not realizing Hyejin is watching me. I offer to do the cleaning, as I always did it on my own back in Seoul. Her parents leave to go to the farm, and Hyejin wraps her arms around me from behind.

"Unnie, what are you thinking while we're having breakfast? I saw you smiling, but your eyes tell otherwise." She leans her head on my shoulder as I wash the dishes.

"Nothing... I just miss my family... What if they were both still alive?" I feel Hyejin go silent, not wanting to dwell on sadness. I want this vacation to be memorable. I place the last plate on the dish rack, dry my hands, then lean in to kiss her cheek, which is so close to mine.

"Oh... Sorry, it slipped," Hyejin giggles.

"Oops, sorry, it slipped again." I hold Hyejin's arms and cup her face, her hands hanging on my waist. I'm about to kiss her when someone bursts in through the front door, startling me. I push Hyejin frantically out of surprise, making her a little off balance. She glares at me.

"S-Sorry... I told you to watch your step. The floor was wet." I mouth an apology to her as she swats my hand away. The two people who just entered look at us with sly grins on their faces.

"Yahhh, Hyejinah... Eomma said to us to drop by and asked you to buy some groceries." Byul exaggeratedly claps her hands and gives us a teasing glare. I head to the living room, but Wheein holds my arm and whispers in my ear.

"Hyejinah, Haist told you to lock the door so you won't get caught in the act."

I glare at her, flustered.

"What are you saying, caught in the act? We're not doing anything."

"It's not what we saw. Both of you almost kissing... Are you falling in love that fast with her?" We're now seated on the sofa, and I look at her and Byul, who are having a little conversation in the kitchen.

"Oh, no... You're hooked, line, and sinker. I know that look. Jinieah... I'm just warning you, not that I'm against it if you're happy, but be mindful. She's just taking her vacation here; anytime she'll leave and go back to Seoul to live her own life." Wheein whispers, but her words ring clear in my mind; she has a point. I glance in Yongsun's direction and turn away, suddenly feeling the need to hold myself back.

"Let's go, Wheeinie, we need to get back to the store. Hyejinah, we'll get going." Byul and Wheein give me a hug but give me that knowing look, warning me about myself.

We get ready and head to buy some supplies; Eomma messaged me a list of what to buy. We're both silent, just doing the shopping. I glance at her pushing the cart while I look for the groceries I need. It feels good to have her by my side, doing all the simple things like a couple.

"Hyejinah, remember, she will leave one day," the voice in my mind says. I move a little farther away from her at the bread and spreads section, but suddenly bump into someone. I know it was intentional, as the aisle was clear and deserted. Then I hear her cunning laugh, a hint of sarcasm in her apology. I know it's her, Irene, and her gang. When will these people leave me alone? Even ten years later, they still find me worthy of their time to tease, mock, or make fun.