A glimps from the past

Time will pass but all our memories of love will last....
Forever..You and I...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N POV

Yongsun and Hyejin felt overwhelmed that day since they learned about her grandmother and her past girlfriend. I'm glad that even her grandma chose to have a family of her own after experiencing despair in love. But their promises to meet in another lifetime have come true with both of us.

Youngsun POV

We both lay in bed with big smiles on our faces, and Hyejin teases me every time she sees me smiling alone.

"Babe, you're smiling again," she says as she lays in my arms, clutching my side.

"I can't help but be happy now. All the painful memories of my childhood led me to where we are now. It means everything falls into place. Even though it's disheartening to think that my parents died, maybe it was destined."

I lean to kiss her temple, but she looks up to meet our lips. I'm startled by her gesture, but it makes my heart more in love with her.

"Let's sleep. Tomorrow, let's go to your halmonie's grave to pay our respect and gratitude."

"I love you, Yong. Thank you for coming into my life," Hyejin cracks her voice on the last word, touching my heart.

"Babe, it's not me you should be thankful for. If not for your grandmother, I wouldn't be here, or maybe we would meet in a different place at a different time. But I know in my heart I will make sure to find that missing piece in my heart to fill all the emptiness inside."

We both fall asleep, but in the middle of the night, Yongsun finds herself chasing her breath, sweating profusely. A dazed scene plays in her vision, as if she's watching herself and a girl who looks like someone she knew.

"Hwa-young..." I see the girl throw a small stone at the window and whisper, calling someone over the fence. Shortly after, a beautiful girl, smiling brightly, sneaks her head out of the window.

She disappears as she closes it again. Then she gets out and meets her. They both walk down the path only they know. I don't know if they saw me, but I feel invisible to their sight. They hold hands while traveling down the pathway in the fields. They both turn left, down the hill, where an old, big maple tree stands alone, providing shade in the scorching afternoon sun.

She gently guides the girl Hwa-young to sit before Soo-young sits beside her. Soo-young leans her back against the tree, and Hwa-young leans her body toward her. Soo-young's arm wraps around the younger girl, and they both sit there, enjoying the moment of being together again.

"Hwa-young, I love you. I hope you always keep that in your mind," Soo-young's voice cracks, making Hwa-young flinch and turn to check on her.

"Soo-young, why are you crying? Are you leaving me?" The younger girl's eyes start to feel glassy, her tears blurring her vision, her heart pounding fast, waiting for the older girl's statement of goodbye.

"H-Hwa-young..." Soo-young keeps swallowing to say a word, but she feels the words are too heavy in her heart to spill out. Saying her last goodbye to Hwa-young is more than losing her life. Hwa-young is her only friend, her only love. She doesn't know how to live without her, but what can she do? Her father wants to send her to Busan, to her uncle who will help her to study. Her father is only a farmer here in Jeolla province. They want her to marry a nobleman that her uncle knows, some sort of political alliance, a marriage of convenience.

"Soo-young, can't you stay here with me? Let's run away if you want. I will come with you," Hwa-young kneels beside her, pleading with her not to leave, but Soo-young shakes her head. She cups her face, brushing her tears.