☆ chapter ten ☆

TOH SEASON 2 NEWS LETS GOOOOOO IM SO EXCITED 

----

Amity laid awake that night. Thoughts clouding her mind. Luz was silently sleeping in her bed. Amity enjoyed the feeling that she was safe and asleep, but she desperately wanted to talk to her. It was crazy to think but Luz was one of the only people who made her feel like she could just be herself. But no one could ever feel that way about her. She's been cold and cruel, rude and heartless to so many people who she could of had chances to be friends with, but she stepped on that friendship as quickly as she could, getting rid of any chance she could have a friend, a real friend.

Luz was different to her. She was nice, friendly, and even when she was rude and kept trying to push her away, she never gave up on her. 

Amity definitely had a crush on this girl. Had she only realized it now? Definitely. She had to keep it to herself, she didn't want to have the reputation of some lesbian who fell in love with a girl who didn't like her back. 

How could Luz like her? She was just some other person in a sea of people. There was no chance Luz would ever give her a second thought. 

A loud beeping began. Amity thought it was just some random noise from the street but nope, her alarm already started ringing.

Did she really just stay up all night thinking about Luz? 

Luz groaned, slowly waking up to the sound of the loud ringing. Usually Amity was up and already heading to class, but she definitely got interrupted. 

"Oh hey Amity!" Luz said, surprised. "I guess you decided to sleep in."

Amity sheepishly tucked a piece of her green hair behind her ear. "Oh well uh.. I was up but I didn't wanna wake you up."

Luz smiled at her, which Amity couldn't help but smile back even though she had no idea what she was gonna say.

"Thanks Amity!" Luz stopped for a moment, seeming to be contemplating something. "Hey um.. if you don't mind do you wanna hang out at the library?" 

Amity could feel her heart beat out of her chest. Sometimes she couldn't believe she ever thought she was straight. "S-Sure! I'm not gonna do anything later." 

Luz beamed. "Great! I'm gonna meet Willow and Gus at the front gate, see you in English!" 

---

Amity nervously fiddled with a piece of notebook paper in her hand. Only 29 minutes until she would be going with Luz to the library. She couldn't figure out why she was so nervous, they had hung out plenty of times before, or maybe because Boscha kept catching Amity drawing random hearts or gazing out the window. 

"What is with you? You haven't been taking notes and now I can't copy off of you." Boscha groaned, typing on her cell phone. 

Amity hadn't even realized what was going on. She looked up at the board and she didn't understand anything. "Goddammit." She thought to herself.

"Sorry um.. I can help you later." Amity said quietly, slightly embarrassed.

Boscha finally put her phone down. "What has gotten into you? You've been acting weird all day. You almost dropped your food in my lap."

Amity nervously looked around. "Look.. I'm just super tired.. I barely got any sleep last night. I was just thinking about stuff."

"Stuff? You mean your roommate right?" Boscha replied with a smirk, luckily staying quiet. Amity froze in her seat. 

Boscha immediately realized she was indeed right, "Ohh.. you've got a thing for her don't you."

Amity could feel her throat close up, she immediately was filled with fear. "You can't say anything... please.." She begged.

Boscha raised an eyebrow. "Why would I say anything? It's fun to watch you stumble over your words every time that girl even speaks to you."

"Hey-"

"Ladies? Have something to share with the class?" The teacher said. Amity really hoped he hadn't been there for too long. But this had never happened before, not to her at least. Boscha on the other hand, got this warning every single class. 

"I'm sorry Mr. King I'm having trouble focusing today and Boscha was trying to help." Amity said. Having the reputation of the good kid, and parents that probably wouldn't hesitate to sue the school, had it's perks. It worked out because he asked no more questions. Just in time, the bell rung.

Amity's palms became clammy. She had to meet Luz in the library and she honestly was excited and scared. She opened her locker, looking at herself in the mirror. 

"Ohh I see.. you're getting ready for a date." Boscha smiled.

"Can you shut up? It's not even a date. We're friends, Boscha." Amity replied coldly. She still wasn't fond with the fact Boscha figured it out. She wasn't exactly the most trustworthy person. 

"What about a date?" Luz asked, appearing out of nowhere. 

Amity's face turned red. "Nothing! There is no date! What are you doing here anyway? Aren't we hanging out at the library?"

Luz giggled. "Well yeah, but I wanted to talk to you already. I like having you around." Luz said, elbowing Amity.

Amity knew Luz definitely meant it as a joke, but she didn't care. If it weren't for Boscha being there and making kissy faces she probably would of cried on the spot.  

"Oh.. well that's nice. Thanks Luz." Amity smiled. She mentally facepalmed herself. That was the worst response ever to that. She was surely way too flustered to say anything else, she'd probably pass out if she became any more red. 

---

The library wasn't packed at all. It was just Luz, Amity, and a few other random kids who probably lived in that library. 

Amity nervously twiddled her thumbs. Why was she like this? They literally share a whole room and she can't even function in a library with Luz.

"So.. what did you wanna do here?" Amity asked.

Luz took her wrist and dragged her into the romance section of the library. There it was, Good Witch Azura #6. "I wanted to know if you wanted to read this together... If you want to though."

Amity smiled for what felt like the thousandth time that day. "I would love to Luz!" She said excitedly. 

And with that, they checked out and headed back to the room.