☆chapter nineteen☆

This was the day. 

Amity had a plan. She had spent 2 days trying to convince Bitc- Boscha to help her. She went all out for the surprise she had planned for Luz. 

Luz always made her feel special and she wanted to do the same for Luz, and there was no place better to do it than at a school dance with cheap lights and overpriced snacks. 

Amity had bought a dress with her leftover cash her parents had given her for Christmas. Nothing special, just a velvet navy dress that went down to her ankles. 

She needed something to give to Luz though. Knowing Luz, she probably bought cheesy matching necklaces or bracelets or something. Amity wanted to get her a gift too, but she had like 5 dollars so... it was gonna be hard.

---

'What the heck am I gonna buy with 5 dollars...' Amity thought as she ran into the nearest Walmart. Confetti? No, Luz probably had plenty of confetti. She didn't need any more. A pack of pens? Amity facepalmed. That was the stupidest gift idea ever. 

Just when Amity started to get frustrated, she ran into someone she definitely didn't want to face.

"Ugh." Was all Willow said as she rolled her eyes and continued looking at the balloons.

Amity stood there awkwardly. This was the clearance isle and well... it wasn't gonna be easy to find anything cheaper in the store. Maybe some food, but she wasn't allowed to bring food into the dance.

"Hey.. Willow.." Amity said shyly. They were anything but on good terms. 

Willow looked over to Amity, who was trying her best not to step over any boundaries. "...You getting something for your date too?" She asked, surprisingly trying to strike up a conversation. 

Amity was shocked, she barely knew what to say. "Oh! Um yeah! But I have no idea what to get them." 

"I'm pretty sure Boscha would love a bracelet or something." Willow spoke.

"Boscha?" 

"Yeah? Isn't she your date?"

Amity blinked a few times. Luz really had kept them a secret. She didn't even tell her own friends. "Haha.. um.. Boscha isn't my date."

It instantly clicked for Willow. "Ah, so you're taking Luz then?"

Amity facepalmed. Bad choice of words. It didn't really matter though, Willow was probably already going to find out at the dance. "Y-Yeah."

Willow rolled her eyes. "Knew it. Luz is always talking about you."

Amity blushed, causing an even bigger eye roll from Willow.

Amity noticed Willow had a dress picked out in her basket and new shoes. "You got a date too?"

Willow looked around nervously. Amity wasn't expecting her to tell her anything. She was shocked at the fact she didn't punch her in the face and walk off. 

"Yeah. You know her." Willow simply said before heading out of the aisle. 

"Wait!" Amity said before Willow could run off. 

Amity took a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Willow." She said, trying to sound as genuine as she could. 

Willow gave a small smile. "Thanks Amity. And by the way, Luz likes confetti."

---

Amity bought the small thing of confetti. Maybe she could throw it in Luz's face and then say those three words she's been waiting to say. 

No.. Luz would probably swallow some if Amity wasn't careful. 

Well, she only had 15 minutes to figure it out. The gate for the line opened soon. She put on her dress and didn't even try for shoes. If she was gonna dance, she didn't want to have endless blisters on her feet.