☆chapter seven☆

JHVBHJHG HOW DOES THIS STORY HAVE ALMOST 4K READS?!

I'm going to leave you with this chapter! I just felt kinda bad for not posting, so here I am. 

The cafeteria was always crowded and loud. Plates crashed, drinks spilled, gum stuck to the table, and that was all normal cafeteria stuff. Amity had obviously gotten used to the ruckus. 2 years of this boarding school and you get deaf to the noise. This was supposed to a prestigious school for the talented and gifted, but it felt more like a kindergarten with fancier hallways. 

The table Amity always sat at was pretty much silent. Nothing but phones buzzing and girls giggling at cat videos. Boscha actually put her phone down for once and turned to Amity. Oddly enough, she was in a good mood. Normally she looked like she would slit someone's throat. But of course Amity knew it was too good to be true. Boscha threw a giant stack of homework papers down onto Amity's sketchbook.

A wide grin came onto Boscha's face, which looked faker then Boscha's hair. She cleared her throat, "Excuse me Amity, but would you do my homework for me tonight? My grandmother's funeral is this weekend and I'm just too upset over her death.." Boscha said as she wiped nonexistent tears from her eyes. 

Amity knew not to fall for Boscha's fake tears. Either that or her grandma had died twice somehow. But Amity couldn't protest against Boscha, not after what had happened between them before when Amity had denied another one of her demands. "You don't need to say anything more, I'll get it done." Amity said confidently as she began rummaging through the stack of paper. It wasn't as big as Amity had thought, but it was still a lot. About 20 pages of unfinished assignments. 

Boscha plastered a smile across her face. "Don't forget to forge my handwriting, don't want another.. dilemma.. again." She said, referencing another time they had made a deal like this. 

Skara, the other girl that sat down with them, was sympathetic towards Boscha's grandmother's death. Amity wasn't sure if she was being a suck-up or actually falling for Boscha's dumb lies. A single tear came down Skara's face. "I'm so sorry Boscha.. I hope she rests well. If you need help with anything else I'll be happy to abide." 

Amity scoffed at Skara's gullibility. Someone couldn't be that stupid as to fall for Boscha's fake smiles and gestures, but apparently Skara was easily manipulated. Amity just didn't want to be killed by Boscha, because she knew she would be. 

☆☆☆

For the first time in pretty much never, Boscha was kind enough to invite Amity to her house. Of course Amity was thrilled as she had never been to Boscha's house, nor been invited to her house. They only had hung out at school or when they would do homework together - well, Amity would do most of the 'homework' part. - so Amity could barely contain her bubbling excitement. 

Amity knocked, humming as she waited for the dark wooden door to open. Almost immediately Boscha swung the door open. Skara was right behind her, phone in hand as always. Boscha examined Amity's outfit. Frequently, she hated Amity's sense of fashion, but she normally tolerated it.

Boscha scrunched her nose in disgust, but she proceeded to let Amity inside. She smiled, but it was more of a smile with no meaning. It was just Boscha putting on a friendly face for Amity. "Amity.. welcome."

The house wasn't big, but it wasn't one of those super small houses either. It was a normal house with normal decor. No dead animals on the walls or any knives on the wall. Amity was 100% sure Boscha's family weren't murderers, which was good. 

But Boscha assured Amity the real magic was inside her room. Apparently her parents spoiled her enough to give Boscha the master bedroom. She sat down on one of her beanbags. Amity was still a little nervous, so she just settled for the carpet.