✩chapter four✩

Amity hated Luz. She was so, so, so annoying. It made Amity sick. She was constantly trying to talk to her, but Amity would yell at her. It had only been a week of them living together, but Amity was already tired of Luz. Amity even considered locking Luz out of the room.

"Amity!! Hi!!" Luz shouted from across the hallway. Amity scrunched her nose and her blood began to boil. Everyone was looking over at Amity. They were pretty surprised to see another human being (other than a teacher) talking to Amity Blight! 

Amity groaned in frustration. "Luz! Your NOT SUPPOSED TO SHOUT IN THESE HALLWAYS!" Amity shouted, which she didn't realize until Luz started laughing. 

Amity had enough. "Ugh!" She walked up to Luz and looked at her right in the eyes. She wasn't afraid of eye contact. "Clearly. Your not getting the hint."  

"Uh.. what hint?" Luz asked. 

"You are probably one of the most annoying human beings I have EVER met. Leave. Me. Alone!" Amity said angrily. 

Luz backed away. "Well.. I'm sorry for trying to be your friend!" Luz walked away from Amity. 

Amity wanted to reach out to Luz, tell her she was sorry. But.. no. Friends only got in the way. If Amity wanted to succeed in life, she needed to have no distractions. But.. it would be so nice to have a friend. Someone to open up to. Someone to always have your back. Amity didn't need that. She was perfectly fine on her own. 

✩✩✩

Luz didn't get it. Amity seemed like she needed a friend, and then when Luz tried to be friendly, all Amity would do was push her away.

It was English class. One of Luz's favorite classes. English class was the time to express her creativity, through the Good Witch Azura series! The only downside to this class? Amity. She sat right next to her.

"Okay class. As you know, every Tuesday and Thursday, we have our reading days! Take out your books and start reading!" The teacher announced.

Luz took out her favorite book. The Good Witch Azura, book 5. She looked over to Amity. She was slightly curious to what she liked to read. Probably something boring. Like 'The Grapes of Wrath'

Luz was surprised to see Amity with a Good Witch Azura book  3. Amity took no attention to Luz. She kept her eyes on her book. 

Luz began reading her book. She had already read it about a hundred times, but it was such a good book! She could practically memorize the whole entire story of Good Witch Azura.

Amity finally looked over. She lightly gasped at the sight of Good Witch Azura, book 5, the only book she hadn't read.

Amity hesitated to ask Luz if that was the real thing, but she couldn't help herself. "Is that the actual book 5?"

Luz couldn't stay mad at Amity. "Yeah.. it is." Luz smiled. Amity's face began to heat up. Luz's smile was so beautiful. Amity looked away and tried to hide her face. 

"That's the only one I haven't read." Amity said after cooling herself off. 

Luz handed the book over to Amity. "You can read it. I've read it.. like a thousand times."

Luz didn't say anything else. Students started looking at the two girls, and Amity immediately went back to her ' I don't care' personality. Luz knew that wasn't the real Amity.