☆chapter eleven☆

Love was difficult for Luz. Whether it was writing it.. or even living it. 

Did she have a crush on Amity? Maybe, maybe not. She couldn't tell honestly. Every time the thought came up - which it had been a lot more frequently - she would brush it off. Amity would never like some fantasy loving loser like her. Luz surely didn't want to live through that pain of wondering if their crush would ever like them back. It was confusing.. and painful to say the least. 

It would be best to just ignore it, and just let it go away on it's own. That never worked for Luz but it was worth a try. 

She held out the book, standing on the bed, trying to look as heroic as possible. "Then after the battle, Hecate cried out for Azura wanting to tell her one last thing before she left for good." Luz said dramatically. Amity laughed appreciating the extra sound effects and voices Luz added to the story, it made it even more enjoyable. 

"Hecate held Azura's hands in her's, 'It's not him, it's you. You're the one I've been waiting for, it's you Azura, it always has been, and it always will be.'" Luz spoke out the final scene, bowing after closing the book. 

"What?? They didn't even kiss??" Amity said, slightly annoyed. "They've been building up their relationship so much and not even a kiss..." 

"Right? But you gotta admit, that last scene was good. Plus I doubt they would stop making these books, they're awesome!" Luz added. 

"You're right, you're right. But I don't wanna wait that longgggg..." Amity groaned, burying her face into her face. 

Luz laughed.  "You're cute."

"What?" Amity immediately shot up from her bed. 

"NOTHING."

Amity didn't ask anymore questions, she definitely heard her wrong. "Well I'm gonna take a shower. Wanna watch a movie with me afterwards?" Amity asked.

"Sure!" Luz replied happily.

As soon as Amity got into the bathroom Luz buried her head in her pillow.

"WHYDIDISAYTHATWHYDIDISAYTHAT."
Luz thought to herself. She wasn't even thinking! Luz was definitely relieved that Amity didn't say anything though. Amity most likely heard it though.. she probably thought she was weird now, if she didn't already think that. Luz brushed that off though, she wasn't gonna let her overthinking get in the way of their friendship.

"Hey I'm done!" Amity said, sitting next to Luz on her bed. Luz was slightly startled. 

"Oh- Hi! Do you wanna watch the movie now?"

"Obviously."

---

They both sat on Amity's bed together, watching some random Disney movie Amity picked out. It was a romantic movie. Amity couldn't help but partially wish she had somebody who liked her back, but she just had to be stuck pining for a girl that was way out of  her league. 

"Amity?" Luz asked randomly, turning her head to Amity, her head against the bedframe. 

Amity turned to face her. "Yeah?"

"Have you ever liked someone before?"

That definitely caught Amity off guard. Did she find out or something? Amity tried to relax, but it was getting pretty difficult. "Uhm.. yeah.. why do you ask?"

"Well.. there's someone I like.. I think." Luz said with a blush on her face.

Amity was a little sad, but also happy that Luz would even trust her enough to talk to her about anything like this. "Oh really? Who are they? Are they cute?" Amity asked excitedly. 

Luz laughed. "They are. They're pretty amazing.. and smart and funny and.. you get it right? But I can't even tell if I actually like them.." 

"Seriously Luz, you seem head over heels for them." Amity joked, elbowing Luz in the arm. 

"I know!" Luz buried her face in her hands. "I didn't realize how much I actually liked them until I said it out loud."

Amity laughed, but a sadness came over her. Luz liked someone else. The chances of her ever being with Luz went from maybe to most likely never. 

"Amity?" Luz spoke up again.

"Yeah?"

"I kinda like... y..." Luz trailed off. She hesitated for a moment, looking down at her hands. "I kinda like... this movie! YEAH it's really cool actually."

Amity raised an eyebrow. "Uh... I guess so.."

---

Within 45 minutes of the movie, Amity passed out. Luz turned off the movie, putting away the laptop and putting blankets on Amity. She smiled softly at her before heading back to her own bed, just in time for lights out time. 

It was Luz's turn to stay up and think. 

She had been through many random crushes on random people, but none of them hit as much as this one. Bottling it up was not gonna work. She had to face it. 

But it wasn't the time to tell Amity.