Ginny

Who the hell did Marcus Baker think he was?! Peeking through girls' windows and then bitching about how it was their fault, predator much?! He had to be just about the most unbearable human boy I had ever met!

I realized something. Marcus gave me an emotion, he made me emotional. It wasn't a pleasant one, but it was one of the first in a long time caused by an outsider. I shook my head. No, he didn't mean anything to me, he was just a face. I needed to think straight. I only knew one way to do that.

The Wellsbury public library looks like a courthouse, just like the school. The only thing that stopped me was the sign. I walked up to the door and entered. Inside was surprisingly modern. I couldn't decide if I liked it, but it was pretty. Big back windows and geometric chairs, metal bookshelves. It was nice.

I walked over to one of the shelves and went immediately to an isle I knew by heart. It was where my comfort book was- Pride and Prejudice. The feminism was inspiring.

I went to sit down in one of the plush sofas and began to read. I was maybe two pages in when I noticed something. A girl, standing above me. She extended her hand. "Hey, I'm Maxine! Most people call me Max so...yeah. I thought I'd introduce myself, I couldn't find you at school today so I figured you were probably hiding. I thought that it'd be cool for you to have like a familiar face or something tomorrow," she said. I internally sighed. She was the nice one, there was always one. I put on a smile. "Thanks Max, but I actually prefer to be alone," I said. She crossed her arms. "Bullshit," she stated. My eyes went wide. Well that was new. "Um, excuse me?" I asked. She shrugged. "Bullshit. You move around a lot and you're scared to make friends. So you don't. Well guess what Ginny Miller, that's exactly what I'm gonna be. Deal with it. My table tomorrow. Lunch. Bye," she said, spinning with a smile and walking out. I was still a little bit in shock when she left. Oh great, a new friend.

I closed up my book and decided to just head back to the house. I grabbed my bag and left, making sure to thank the librarian as I left. When I got home, I went right up to my room. I was surprised to see that Marcus wasn't in his room. Usually at this hour, kids were. Unless he was the kind of guy who liked to go out and get wasted. Figures.

The illusion of an alcoholic Marcus was shattered by my window opening. I spun to find none other than Marcus Baker climbing through my window. I gasped in disbelief. "I could get you arrested for this you know," I told him, keeping my distance from him. He nodded. "Look Ginny, I just wanted to say sorry for what I said today. But you've gotta know that I wasn't wrong," he said.

My jaw dropped. "Y-you came here to plead your case?" I asked. He shook his head. "To remind you why," he said. I scoffed. "Go home Marcus. You're not worth my time," I said, turning around. "Get off your high horse Ginny. You think I want to be here?! I can't stop thinking about what I said today!" He exclaimed. "Whoa! Someone has a conscience, what a surprise!" I spat sarcastically. I could see something pulling at him. "I couldn't stop thinking about you Ginny," he said. My heart rate jumped and I immediately scolded myself. He shrugged. "Food for thought," he said, turning around to walk out.

I grabbed his arm and turned him around, we were now chest to chest. He looked down at me. Had he always been so tall? "What are you doing?" He whispered, searching my eyes. I gulped. "I don't know," I whispered, the words barely audible. We both took deep, shaky breaths. "You have to do something," he whispered, looking down at my lips. That's when I realized, Marcus Baker wanted to kiss me, and I wanted to kiss him back. I looked down at his lips, and I could barely breathe. "What should I do?" I whispered.

He chuckled and pulled away from me, backing up to the back wall. "Wow, you asked me what to do? There's something new," he joked. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. "Haha, very funny. Look, we've got school tomorrow, so you should probably leave," I said. He nodded. "Yeah, goodnight Ginny Miller," he said, saluting me and sliding gracefully out of my window. Once he was back through his window, I closed mine. I closed my blinds and laid down. That whole situation gave me a headache. I feel asleep seconds later.