chapter 17

Ashton’s POV:

I put the last of Luke’s clothes into his drawer and glance at the clock. 1:00 Am. That would explain why I seemed to be yawning like crazy. Frankly, I don’t think I want kids anymore if this is the type of mess I’m going to have to clean. Everyday. I lay on my bed, looking at my surroundings. The first thing I noticed was Lukes and callum snoring on their beds and then I saw a picture on the bedside table.it was the weekend when Jamie came to visit our new house. It was the weekend we had sex for the first time together. It was the weekend I last saw her. In the picture, Luke and callum are standing together and Michael is next to me while I’m next to Jamie. Jamie is doing sign while her hand is around my waist, I am also doing a peace sign my hands over her shoulders, callum and Luke are holding hand and blowing kisses to the camera while callum is just standing there looking awkward. It’s not the best picture but it’s the only one I have of Jamie that I have cherished... Suddenly I get out of bed, I feel encouraged and refreshed. Downstairs, I look through the yellow pages for any full time jobs available.

Schools going to have to wait because I’m on a mission.

Next morning

I open my eyes and realise I’m not my bed but on the living room couch. There’s a mirror sitting in front of me with a note on the back saying:

‘I’m sorry we had to leave you like this, best of luck washing it of xx lallum’

I read the note over and dread filled my body. However curiosity overpowered and I hastily picked up the mirror.my reflection turned out to be a guy with banana peels stick to his face and lipstick on his eyes acting as eye shadow. I guess I should have expected it but I’ve just got so much on my plate that instead I felt angered towards Luke and callum. I glance next to me to find the yellow pages open to the job pages. This is how I’m going to spend the day after I take the banana peel off.

It took me 30 minutes to take it off and wash my face (they must have used superglue) but it also gave me time to reflect. There is no point being angry with Luke and callum; I need all the help and support I can get even if it’s from idiots that just happen to be my friends.

The next several hours were spent pretending to be sick on the phone to my school, looking for jobs of interest and eating. Finally, I found one I might like. A waiter in the Starbucks coffee store down my road was needed. I made some memories in that place with Jamie, not necessarily good ones. It doesn’t require any work experience and you have to be over 16(check).There are only 6 days left of the job offer so I called them straight away.

“Hello Starbucks coffee manager speaking, can I help you?”

“Hi my name is Ashton Irwin and I’m calling about the job offer for a waiter.”

“Oh yes would you like to come over for an interview.”

“Yes what time would be convenient?”

“Let’s say 12:30pm? Tomorrow?”

“That works fine.”

“Right I’ll see you then.”

Yes! I’ve got an interview now all I need to do is to get working. If I start now it will only take me… 6 months to afford a plane ticket to Australia. I guess I have to work overtime.

Jamie’s POV:

I checked my timetable to see what room was in for science. Room 43. I was following the numbers on the door when a hand grabbed my shoulder. I gasped and turned around to find Ashley.

“Oh Ashley, you scared me,” I cried.

“Sorry I just saw you and wanted to tell you that we’ve changed classrooms for the day, follow.” I followed him reluctantly; I didn’t know who to trust yet.

“So, how are you enjoying school here?”

“Well let’s see last week I was a nobody, now I have been popular girls asking to join, a popular guy asking for my umber and another group of girl asking me to join, what did I do differently?”

"You didn’t do anything, I met you and bought paparazzi,” I blushed and giggled at the same time, “and I’m happy that I did.”

"How does it feel like to be popular?”

“Well popularity is overrated, I’m only popular because of my brothers.”

“Inheritance sucks.” He came up to me so close that only a 1cm was apart and started to speak.

“Yeah, Jamie I-.” before I could let him finish I had to stop him.

“This is it right? Come on lets enter.”

I explained to the teacher- who is called Ms McRae- why were so late and sat down in the available seat next one of the mean girls (Kate, Catherine or something). Slowly, the equation on the board blurred into fog and I was asleep. During my period in dreamland, all I could think about was how Ashley was going to tell me something. Then Nightmare Island: I was holding hands with Ashton walking across the road when Ashton got run over by Ashley’s car. Next thing I know I was putting flowers on his grave crying. Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder. Slowly, I came back to reality…

“Jamie, Jamie wake up!”

“Oh Ashley it’s you, have I been sleeping,” I asked.

"Not only sleeping but crying, did you have a nightmare?” I flashbacked to the nightmare and found tears rolling down my face once again.

“Ashton- he was- his grave-.”

“-sshh okay come on let’s get you home.”

I walked out of science with Ashley’s hand around me walking me home.

  hi guys,thanks again for reading i hope you enjoyed it.comment if you like and vote. this ismy last chapter until may so i hope it satisfies you. see you in may.

bye!