Epilogue

We arrived at the new destination.

It took us two weeks to get here, but it was worth it. The island was beautiful, with tall trees with full green leaves. There's sand surrounding the island and there is fresh green grass more in the middle of the island. Plants, rocks, and bushes along with butterflies flying everywhere showing just how beautiful this place is. The island isn't very big but big enough for us to start over. I noticed the first three groups have already started making a clearing and building houses. I saw kids playing with each other in the sand and a bit in the water. I felt almost like everything will be okay now. There's nothing to be afraid of now. This is our home, our island and we can finally start over without a worry. The best part is? There are no more zombies around, well almost no more zombies. Alice is completely healed from when she took the cure two weeks ago. She says she still slightly feels the chest pains, and sometimes forgets that she's human and has to do human things now. Otherwise, she's perfectly fine and well.

Me on the other hand? I took the cure two weeks ago as well, but unlike Alice, nothing happened. At least not at first it didn't. I started feeling the cure working a week after I took the cure, but it felt more painful. I felt like my insides were burning along with the chest pains. I'm still feeling the effects. I'm not completely cured as I'm still in the process of it. Dr. Mitsbee said that it's probably because I was injected with negative Z instead of being turned by another zombie. It makes sense I guess, but it's still very painful. So far my eyes haven't changed at all, and I'm hoping that maybe they will once I finish being cured. I don't care if I get one white and one whatever my eye color was before. I just don't want to be stuck with white eyes forever or be blind forever. Besides all that, things are great.

The twins decided to stay with the doctor and he was okay with that. He opened his arms and his soon to be home to them. Hank went straight to helping everyone with the building, trying to get as much done before night came. Mandy and George decided to go and explore the island a bit. They wanted to double-check to make sure that the island is safe. Darren decided to help catch some fish and made his sister Savanna help him, which she was angry about. Aaron? Well, Aaron has been keeping his distance and I'm not quite sure why. I think after everything that had happened he still considered my father his friend and hated that he turned out the way he did. I do too. It is still kind of bugs me that we left him behind without a second glance. Nonetheless, he brought that himself as he did this to himself. It's best to just forget about the past and move forward with our new beginnings.

Everyone is here.

Everyone is safe.

Alice is alive and well and I'm getting there very slowly. We both get to start over and have a new beginning with all of our new friends! Soon this place will look like home, and we can finally settle in peace. That's all anybody ever wanted, and now we finally will get it. We don't have to hide anymore or run away from danger. This island is our savor. It's our sanctuary. It's what we will now call home.