Six

It felt like forever but we finally made it to the mall, and we are currently hiding behind a tipped over vehicle. There are hundreds of undead walking around, and more likely thousands inside. Mandy and George got their guns at the ready just in case we are spotted. I've been thinking of trying out my bow and arrows to see if I remember how to use them, or at least able to use them. I glanced beside me and noticed two undead staring at us, and I knew they will attack Mandy and George. I have to warn them somehow. I thought freaking out. I turn towards them before pulling onto Mandy's sleeve, but she just kept shrugging me off saying don't touch her. I glare at her as I grabbed onto her head feeling her flinch beneath my hands, before forcing her to turn towards the two undead. Which now turned into eight and running towards us.

"Holy shit!" Mandy yells as she starts shooting at them.

George shot at them as well as they stood up and backed up as they tried to figure out a way to escape. I glanced at my bow and arrows and figured this is the best time to see if I can still use them. I climbed on top of the tipped over vehicle, before grabbing my bow and one arrow. I tried to set the arrow in its place, but my hands kept fumbling a bit. I manage to get my hands to stop fumbling as I pulled the string back and aimed the arrow at an undead. My hands shook as I couldn't keep my hands sturdy, but also I felt kind of weird that I'm about to kill one of my own. I let out a sigh as they aren't like me, they are the true monsters. I'm not like them. I aimed again, but then I got an idea as I vaguely remember that vehicles blow up if hit just right. I smile as I aimed my arrow instead at a small beat-up car that's smoking, and let the arrow fly towards the hood. I lowered my bow to see if I made the shot, and when that car blew up along with a couple of the undead I knew I hit my target.

"Holy shit!" Mandy yells again.

I glanced down at her and George to see them looking at the explosion, then looking up at me with widened eyes. I jumped down from the vehicle as we have an opening inside now, but we definitely don't have a lot of time. I point towards them before pointing towards a broken window that no undead is near anymore. They stare at me confused at first before following where I'm pointing.

"Damn. You're definitely different zombie boy." Mandy says turning towards me.

I shrugged as we made sure that it's still clear before making our way to the broken window. George climbs in first checking to make sure it's safe, before helping Mandy in next. I climbed inside myself since nobody wanted to help me. I wasn't really insulted but I did wish they could've at least helped me a little. I really hate being like this. I thought falling onto the ground. I stand up seeing George and Mandy walking out of the room. I roll my eyes as I followed them out and it's really quiet in here. I stop in front of a closed door and peeked inside, and I saw some undead either walking or sitting against walls. Let's just keep moving. I thought ignoring that door. It seems that most of these doors are closed, and that's a bit weird.

We peek around a corner and the mall is filled with undead and corpses. There's a fountain in the center that's no longer running any water, but there's now a dead corpse laying half inside. I glanced around the mall and noticed almost like every store has their doors closed. It's like they knew. I thought curiously. George and Mandy crouch down as they went around the corner trying to be as quiet as they can. I follow suit as I kept glancing at all of the undead laying or sitting or standing aimlessly. One of them turned towards me and I quickly put my finger up in a quiet motion. It tilted its head in confusion before looking away, and I'm hoping they just didn't see Mandy and George because theirs no way that worked.

We went up the broken escalators still trying to be as quiet as possible. When we got to the top though there's more undead and they've seen us. They quickly got up to chase us as George and Mandy were about to shoot but I stopped them shaking my head. I gestured for them to follow me as they stared at me confused but they listened luckily. If they shot at them, then the others would've heard. I thought sighing. We ran down the hall before we entered the cinema in the mall. Surprisingly, there wasn't much undead in here so we ran inside and hid for a bit.