In Blooming, Bloody Confessions...(Levi x Reader)

(TW: Mentions of violence and gore)

Bloody...so, so, bloody.

Thick, velvet liquid coated the battlefield, cries, screams, pleading, and all other audible regrets rang throughout the smog of smoke signals.

Of which, resulted with no retaliation from your comrades.

The Scouts buckled their asses down, anyone trained to kill titans were forced into a lineup in order to assemble into squads. Another breach, located in Wall Rose. You couldn't bring yourself to blame the soldiers who didn't respond, they most likely had their hands full or lay in a pool of their own spilled blood—breathlessly.

You were instructed directly to the front lines instead of hanging back with the higher-ups. Find anyone who might be alive, and help slaughter those sons of a bitch who made everyone's life a living hell in this fear-stricken cage.

You doubled as a Scout and a nurse, a white armband over your Scouting jacket was used to identify you as a medical officer. Feeling useless in your medical training, as you watched those who you once called friends bleed out or simply fall limp, cracking and shattering under the merciless pressure of a titan's jaw. Tears threatened to slip down your cheeks, igniting a familiar rush of pure hatred and anguish within you.

You watched as the remaining survivors were engulfed by oncoming titans, or caught up in cannon fire. You screamed, louder and louder, hoarse strings of promises made to your brave fallen ripped through your throat.

Your body flew in circles, twisting and turning, slicing napes, slashing any threat in sight. Warm blood splattered onto the luminous glare of your blade, quickly evaporating.

Whirling in pure mania, you burned through nearly every pair of blades. Distress and uncertainty was felt collectively in all regiments, you waited for the order to fallback, retreat, backup, anything.

Levi, your closest friend, and his squad were ordered to defend the entrance to inner Wall Rose, later moving directly to your side once they secured it. If you had his assistance, the threats would be eliminated, but by the direct orders of Commander Erwin he was stationed to the back rather than the Vanguard. Erwin's objective was unclear to you—however you suspected he knew something you didn't.

The Garrison was busy escorting any civilians inside Wall Rose to safely, the Scouts began to reside on rooftops. You followed,

"Squad Leader! We need more fuel, we have too many injured! What should we do?" Your squad called out to you.

"Can you make it up to the Wall? The supply team should've brought more resources up there by now, unless..."

You swallowed, no...you had to stay hopeful.

"Get up to the Wall, refill your fuel supply, ask for further orders, gather the injured, get them to safety alongside the refugees. Don't die, that's an order!" You commanded, your pained voice cracking slightly.

"But we have to retrea-"

"DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?"

"Yes ma'am!"

They exclaimed in unison, frustration clouded your mind as you tensed up,

Why us? Why now?

I'm so sorry, I'm so so sorry.

You knew that no matter what a retreat would have to be issued, a devastating one. But, until that order was given you had to steel yourself and fight until your body could no longer withstand the sheer amount of overexertion.

"ALL SOLDIERS STAND BACK!"

You turned your head to the Commander, his eyes glittering like ice.

"Wha-"