chapter 5

Nico pov

I was milling around the camp because I was bored. I bumped into Jason and Percy. They started talking but I wasn't really paying attention. I was thinking about Will, how he said I was likable. Did he mean he liked me? I got snapped out of my thoughts and I only ended up hearing the second half of the sentence. Note to self: don't think about Will during a conversation.

"-so a few people are going to new rome." Jason said.

"So, when exactly are we leaving?" I asked. I didn't really care about the reason, I just wanted to see Hazel.

"Tomorrow at 6" Percy replied.

"Okay, I'll be there." I said.

"Oh yeah, one more thing, Will's coming." Jason stated.

"Okay?" I asked, trying to act confused.

"We know you have a thing for Solace." Percy teased.

"I hate you." I muttered.

Will pov

I was cleaning up the infirmary, when Lyd came to talk to me.

"Hey, are you going to the New Rome thing." She asked.

"Yeah, why?" I wandered aloud.

"I just heard Nico's coming." She answered. My eyes lit up. Realizing this is Lydia, I realized she's probably just messing with me.

"Where did you hear this?" I asked.

"I was in the area." She shrugged. I was still skeptical. But, I figured it was pointless to argue.

"Okay, but if you're lying I'll steal your mountain dew." I threatened.

Lyd grabbed the collar of my shirt and looked me dead in the eye. She was now holding a knife against my chest.

"You take my mountain dew, I take your soul. You got that?" She threatened in a harsh tone. I gulped, then nodded. That was by far the most horrifying moment in my life.

"Good." She said in a much less threatening tone. She then left the infirmary drinking mountain dew to talk to one of her friends.

**Time skip-a-roo**

Nico pov

I packed my bag and headed to half-blood hill. Percy, Annabeth, Jason, Piper, and Lydia were already there. I leaned on Thalia's tree, waiting for the van to come. After a few minutes of waiting, Will and one of his sister's came.

"Hey, so you're coming too?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I'm just going to see Hazel." I answered. The van came right after. Right before I went into the van I asked how long the trip was.

"About two days." She answered.

"Great." I muttered. Two whole days stuck in a van. I then realized a horrible thought: I talk in my sleep, and what if I say something about my crush on Will!? I'll just have to drink a lot of coffee, even though I hate the stuff. We all got in the van and you know what? I got to sit in the back next to Will. So, now I was stuck next to the guy of my dreams for a whole TWO DAYS.

Will pov

I was stuck in the middle and Lydia was on my right and Nico was on my left. I didn't know if that was good or bad. On one hand I got to sit next to Nico but I might embarrass myself. After a few hours of driving we stopped at a gas station. I turned to Nico.

"You want anything?" I asked.

"Can you get me five cups of coffee?" He asked.

"That's really unhealthy." I lectured.

"Don't worry, I'll be drinking it over like six hours." He replied.

"I'll get you three."

"Four."

"Deal." I answered. Right before I left, Lydia kicked me in the ankle.

"Get me a two liter of mountain dew." She muttered.

"That's unhealthy." I said.

"I don't care, plus: you're not the one with all the guns." She retorted.

"You didn't bring any with you." I said. She laughed.

"That's what you think." She muttered. I decided not to argue. Me and a few others went into the gas station to get snacks. I quickly paid and left. Nico looked like he was about to sleep and Lyd kicked him in the ankle to keep him awake. I sat down between them and handed the mountain dew to Lydia and the coffee to Nico.

"You look tired." I observed.

"Hence the coffee." He replied.

"You should still sleep."

"But I don't feel like it."

"Really?"

"Sleep is for the weak." He muttered. After a few hours Nico finished all his coffee and I got bored of just sitting around. I tapped on Lyds shoulder.

"What are you watching?" I asked.

"I just started Pirates of the Caribbean 4." She answered (Because it's the best one!)

"Can I watch?"

"Sure." She replied. Once the movie was over lydia started listening to music. We were about 30 hours in, when Nico started to fall asleep. He just leaned on my shoulder and started snoring softly. I started to get nervous and made sure to not move a muscle so he wouldn't wake up. I actually really enjoyed having him sleep on my shoulder. Lydia saw this and started giggling quietly.

"Ehi, tranquillo, sta dormendo." I whisper yelled. (should mean: hey, quiet, he's sleeping)

"I can see that." She whisper yelled back. She then just leaned against the window and instantly started snoring. After a bit Nico started talking in his sleep. It was mostly just incoherent nonsense except I heard one word: will.

Nico pov

I was having a nightmare again. It was the same as always. It was just pain. I was nearing the end when I heard some say my name. I woke up, not bothering to open my eyes. Someone was poking me in the ribs.

"Nico, wake up." Will whisper yelled. I realized I was leaning on Will. I grogely got off of him.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"We're like ten minutes away, all we need is gas." He answered. The next few minutes were pretty boring. I looked over and noticed Lydia had gone through 8 liters of mountain dew. We had finally made it. I finally got to see Hazel, plus I got to spend more time with Will. Maybe this would be a good trip.