chapter 8

Will pov

It was finally capture the flag night. The Ares cabin chose the Demeter, Apollo, Dionysus, Nike, Tyche, Nemesis, Hermes, and Iris cabins. The Athena cabin got everyone else. Right before the game was about to start Lydia pulled me over.

"Okay, me and a few others have a better plan and we're going to need your help." She started.

"What about the original plan?" I asked.

"Have you heard it? It's like the worst plan ever. So, are you in or not."

"What happens if your plan doesn't work?"

"It probably won't but if it does no one will realize. We're making sure this goes way under the radar. Now answer my question."

"Fine."

"Good. I've heard that Nico and Percy are going to try and get the flag. Your job is to distract Nico and if he gets the flag you need to get that back as well."

"That's it?" I asked.

"Yeah." She said. Then Kianna popped up.

"So, are you in?" Kai asked. I nodded.

"Ok let's get into position." Kai ordered

Nico pov

It was finally capture the flag night. As Annabeth was giving me my orders I saw a human shadow behind a tree. It quickly disapered. I started focusing on the orders again.

"You got that?" Annabeth asked. I nodded. Me and Percy headed off to get that flag.

The plan was simple, Percy would go in as a distraction and I would get the flag. So far it seemed to be working. Percy went on as a distraction and I managed to get the flag. Then everything went like clockwork... not in a good way. Percy got punched in the face, twice, by two different guys. That made the guards turn to me, so I ran.

I stopped to catch my breath and realized I dropped the flag.

"Are you kidding me?" I muttered. I did the only thing I could. I started to head back. For some reason the woods were quiet. Usually something would have happened by now. Then I saw a flash of blond. I stopped walking and started running away from Will. I could still hear him running behind me.

"You better not dislocate your ankle again, it took me forever to fix!" He yelled.

"I know!" I yelled back.

"So you'll slow down?"

"Nah." I replied. I turned my head to see him. He looked a lot like he did during the battle with Gaea. Of course that distracted me, so I ended up running into a tree. I was now sitting on the ground with a bloody nose. Oh, and Will was sitting too because he bumped into me.

"Are you okay?" Will asked.

"Yeah, I think so." I answered.

"Good, so I can do this." He yelled while having a knife pointed at my throat. "Give me the flag."

"Jokes on you, I don't have the flag."

"What? But I saw you grab it."

"Well I dropped it. I was on my to grab it but you ran into me."

"Oh, well I guess I can't let you get that flag."

"Too bad that I don't really care."

"Well I do care, so you're staying right there."

"Perdente."

"Defi-" Will stopped when we heard two people bickering in the distance.

"Are you sure you know where it is?" Said an unknown voice.

"Of course I do. Just because I only visit there underground doesn't mean I can't find it." A different, familiar voice snapped.

"Well, it looks like we're lost." The first voice muttered.

"Ok, then next time make sure your brother doesn't get knocked out, so we don't have to haul him all this way." The other voice scolded. The two came out of the trees. The voice that seemed familiar was Lydia and she was helping out a guy I didn't know haul a third unconscious guy I didn't know.

"Hey Lyd, how's the plan going?" Will asked.

"As you may have noticed, it's going horribly. Percy knocked out James out and got the flag. So, now I have to get him some medical care, leaving only Helen, Kianna, and Natalie to get the flag." She said.

"Ok, and who's that?" Will asked pointing at the conscious guy.

"I'm Aurther." Arthur answered.

"Didn't he push you into a lake?" I asked Lydia.

"Yes, and then she pushed me into the lake, so we're even." Arthur answered. Lyd smiled at that for a moment.

"Well, we should get back to it." Lydia said.

"Yeah, James is kinda heavy." Arthur joked. And just like that, they were gone.

"So, what now?" I asked. "Since there's nothing left for me to do."

"I dunno, there's nothing for me either." Will answered. I leaned against the tree.

"Wanna just sit here?" He offered. Dang it. Why do straight people always have to lead me on?

"Sure." I muttered.

"Can I fix your nose?" He asked. I looked down and noticed a large trail of blood coming out of it. I nodded. After about half an hour later my nose was healed and I saw Arthur, Lydia, and James run past us in a blur.

"Wait, wasn't there blood on Lyds jacket?" I asked.

"Probably, it's Lyd after all." Will laughed. I sild onto the ground, so I was fully lying down. Will lied down next to me. I could feel myself blushing a bit. We were both staring up at the stars. We started talking again. It was great. Then we heard the signal that the game was over.

"Guess we should go now." I said, kind of disappointed.

"Guess so." He agreed. He got up and then helped me up too.