chapter 6

Nico pov

It had been a few days since the trip to New Rome. Will made me stay in the infirmary because I dislocated my ankle. If I did my math right, I should be out of here tomorrow. The real question is: do I want to go? I would never admit it to anyone but I liked Will being around. I got cut out of my thinking by Will coming in.

"Hey deathboy." He greeted me. I smiled.

"Did you bring dinner?" I asked.

"Yeah." He answered, simply. He handed me a plate of mashed potatoes. Will decided to stay and eat with me. We talked about random topics, enjoying eachothers company. Once we were done Will started doing some more medical stuff.

"Okay, now you need some sleep, doctor's orders." Will ordered after he was done.

"I'd rather not." I said.

"You need sleep."

"But I haven't slept in like two days and I feel fine."

"It's not healthy."

"But I feel fine."

"Well, it's still unhealthy."

"Please Will." I plead

"Why wouldn't you want to sleep?" He asked.

Will pov

"I don't like talking about it." Nico admitted.

"Please." I urged. I was sitting closer to him now. He sighed.

"Ever since tartarus I've been having really bad nightmares and it doesn't help that I was stuck in that jar and there was the whole thing with cupid." He explained nervously.

"What happened with cupid?" I asked.

"Nothing." He said, quickly. I decided not to press him on that. "So, I've been too scared to sleep most of the time." He continued.

"You know what, I'll stay with you."

"Are you sure? Don't you have other patients or something?"

"No. You're underestimating the demigods here."

"I guess so." He admitted. He lied down and pulled the covers over him. I pulled up a chair and leaned against the wall next to the bed. I checked the time: 10:14. So, I still had time before I would need to sleep. I grabbed a book and started reading. I checked the time again: 11:09. I looked at Nico sleeping for a few seconds. He looked almost angelic. I leaned onto the mattress decently close to Nico's head and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up next to Nico. I noticed he was breathing faster than usual and had a tight expression on his face. He started muttering some random nonsense.

Nico pov

I recognized the ground and how painful it was to breathe. I was in Tartarus. I started panicking. I heard something behind me so I ran. Soon I was out of breath and out of hope. The voice's came closer whispering things like: you'll never belong, everyone hates you, or Will will never love you back. Soon I was surrounded by monsters and I was trying my best to hack away at the ones I could. I was out of hope. I collapsed on the floor and started weeping. Just then one of the voices said: wake up, deathboy. It sounded like Will. I woke up, in Will's arms. I started weeping in his chest. Usually I would've pulled away or something but right now I was shakin.

"Oh thank gods you're awake." Will sighed. "You were really worrying me."

"I was?" I croaked.

"Of course." He answered. We were silent for a few minutes. I didn't like being in such a vulnerable position. I didn't like Will seeing me like this.

"What happened in the nightmare?" He asked. I was silent for a minute.

"I was back in Tartarus." I started. "The voice's were taunting me, monsters surrounded me and I was losing, and then I heard your voice and I guess that woke me up." Will looked like he was listening. It was nice to talk about this. I sat up and wiped my tears. "Thanks, it felt good to talk about this." I said.

"Glad I could help, doom and gloom." Will smiled. I smiled back. We stayed like that for a bit. Just sitting next to each other with my head on his shoulder.

"You're supposed to be out of the infirmary today, why don't we go for a walk?" He asked.

"Sure." I answered.

You hear that, that's the sound of contentment and solangelo becoming a couple soon. Just kidding that's the sound of me about to **** everything up.