chapter 7

Nico pov

We walked out of the infirmary and the brightness stung my eyes. I didn't really know where we were going and I didn't really care. We were walking around, talking about random topics. We were heading by the canoe lake, when someone popped up next to Will. She had a huge tan, with light brown curly, and light Brown eyes. She was wearing really short shorts, a white tank top, and a ton of makeup.

"Hey, I'm new here and the tour was useless. Do you mind helping me out?" She asked with a slight southern accent. She flung her around Will's shoulder and batted her eyelashes.

"Not at all." He replied. He didn't seem to catch onto the fact that she was clearly flirting with him. Unless he wanted her to flirt with him. I can't believe I ever thought I had a shot at him. They kept talking, and I was getting kind of tired of this. I started to leave because I didn't want to see the guy I really liked flirting with some girl.

"Hey where are you going?" He asked.

"My arm's kind of hurting so I'm going back to my cabin." I lied.

I flopped down onto my bed and stared at the ceiling. Why does this always happen? I can't believe I fell for another straight guy. I started weeping quietly. After a while, I heard a knock on the door. I wiped my tears and waited for them to go away.

Will pov

I was disappointed when Nico said he had to leave. I was hoping I'd be able to spend time with him outside the infirmary. The tour was very boring and the girl kept asking random questions. I tried answering them but I didn't really care. I had to admit, she was really dumb and annoying. It didn't even seem to be paying attention. The tour was really long and boring. Finally the hell ended. I started looking around for Nico but couldn't find him anywhere. I tried knocking on his door but I guess he wasn't there. I was starting to get upset that I couldn't find him. So, I went to the person I usually go to first for advice: Lydia. She was leaning against the Apollo cabin eating a popsicle. She looked up and I noticed she had two black eyes, a bloody nose, and her lip was cut.

"What happened to your face?" I asked, confused.

"I rigged a game of uno." She said it like 'I grabbed a snack'. "So what was it you wanted to talk about?" She asked.

"I feel like Nico's upset or avoiding me and so I-" I started.

"Maybe it has to do with the fact that a girl was flirting with you a lot." She said a matter of factly.

"What?" I asked, extremely confused.

"Hold on, you seriously didn't catch on to the fact that a girl was flirting with you for, like an hour." She said, by the end she was laughing. "You idiot." She laughed.

"Why do I come to you for advice?" I sighed.

"I don't know man. This is on you." She answered.

"Anyways what am I supposed to do?" I asked.

"I don't know, talk to him." She replied.

"Only problem is, I don't know where he is."

"Capture the flag is soon, he'll probably be there, you just have to be patient."

"Anything else?"

"Yes, did you know that ducks are just smaller, less aggressive geese."

"Why are you like this?" I sighed. She just shrugged and headed off. I suppose she had a point, I would just have to wait.