Chapter 10

this idea goes to my dear friend Kianna because she gave me the idea

Nico pov

Will was making me go to the campfire thing because I had to 'be more social'. I guess it wasn't that bad. Then again, it was social interaction. I ended up sitting way in the back. Will came and sat down next to me.

"So, how's it going?" He asked.

"Oh, just great, I'm stuck sitting around a ton of people." I said in a sarcastic cheerful voice.

"It can't be that bad." He spoke. The people in the front started singing. Almost everyone was singing. Will swayed along with the music.

"You know it's a sing along, so should I be singing?" Will asked.

"Sure. Why not?" I smiled.

"Oh hey, would you look at that. I'm late- too leave." Kianna spat out all of a sudden. She was sitting next to Will. She climbed through the crowd with urgency as if something horrible would happen.

"What's her problem?" I remarked. He shrugged.

"Anyways." He started. "If you see an alligator in your refrigerator, you bet-" He screeched. His voice sounded like a walrus giving birth. I suddenly understood why His sister wanted to get away so fast.

"Please stop. I've changed my mind." I begged.

"That's what most people say." Will shrugged. "I bet you have a better voice anyway."

"Definitely not."

"I thought you heard my voice just now. It doesn't take much to beat it."

"Yes but mine sucks."

"I'm sure it doesn't."

"But it does!" I insisted.

"Why don't you prove it?" Will offered. I shook my head quickly.

"Come on." He begged. He started poking me in the ribs to get me to sing. I kept shaking my head.

"Please." He begged again. I rolled my eyes.

"Fine." I muttered. "The devil and God, they tried to rip me apart. Can someone come and help me, 'cause I'm losing my heart. All this suffer and with blood on the wall. I can't control my actions. God I'm losing it all." I sang. Will just stared at me. "What!?" I asked worriedly. He leaned in and whispered:

"You have the voice of an angel." I blushed.

"Really?" I asked quietly. He nodded, and I smiled.

Will pov

We stayed sitting next to each other for a bit after that. Of course with Nico leaning on my shoulder. Soon we noticed that campfire and most people went back to their cabins.

"Hey, can I walk you back to your cabin?" I asked.

"Sure." He replied. He hid his face in his hair for some reason. We got up and started heading to cabin 13. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder. We sadly made it to the Hades cabin.

"Goodnight." I said.

"You too." He smiled before entering his cabin.

I grinned. and headed back to cabin 7. When I got there Kianna was asleep and the only other person who was there was Lydia eating a big bowl of spaghetti.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" She questioned.

"Counter question: why weren't you at campfire." I interrogated.

"I try to avoid 'social situations' and I wanted spaghetti." She answered casually.

"You're weird."

"Thank you." She said happily. I sighed and ploped down on my bed, thinking about Nico.