chapter 9

Let's get one thing clear in the last chapter Percy got punched in the face by James and Arthur while he was 'trying to get the flag' and the when he knocked out James, both Lydia and Arthur as revenge, that's just something I didn't feel like writing in (so, Percy got punched in the face 4 times... oof)

-------------------------------------------------------

Nico pov

I was staying in my cabin again, being antisocial. I was staring at the ceiling again, when I got an idea. I got off my bed and looked under it. I found what I was looking for, my sketchbook. I've been drawing ever since I was young and had gotten pretty good at it. The book hadn't been touched in almost a year. I found old pictures of Percy, and a few of Bionca. I didn't feel like drawing either of them. I grabbed a pencil and started drawing Will. The picture was looking good so far. I heard someone knock on the door. I quickly shut my book and shoved it under my bed in case the person actually came in. I got up and avoided the windows to see who it was. It was Will. Why was he here? I unlocked the door and opened it.

"Hey Will, what are you doing here?" I asked.

"I'm supposed to tell everyone it's going to rain soon." He stated.

"I thought it can't rain here?"

"Sometimes Chiron let's rain in the barrier so it can water the strawberries."

"Oh, that makes sense." I said. He nodded and left leaving me not completely sure what just happened. I just shrugged and went back to drawing.

Will pov

It started raining. It was a light downpour but then someone *cough* Lydia *cough* yelled some 'colorful' insults at Zeus. So, now the rain was coming down hard along with quite a bit of lightning. Most of the demigods gathered outside to watch the lightning. I looked around for Nico but I couldn't find him anywhere. I went to see if he was in his cabin. I opened the door and heard a loud creek.

"Nico?" I called out.

"Yeah?" He asked. I saw him sitting in the corner of the room,.

"Why aren't you outside with the rest?" I questioned.

"I'm tired?" He said as if he was trying to convince himself.

"Being really antisocial isn't healthy." I lectured.

"I'm not-" He got cut off by a huge sound of thunder. He practically jumped out of his skin. He started breathing heavier. He looked kind of like he did when he was having that nightmare, except he was conscious. I couldn't figure out what was going on.

"What's wrong?" I asked

"Nothi-" He started but got off by another lightning bolt. He flinched and let out a small scream. I sat down next to him and checked his pulse.

"You're scared of lightning aren't you?" I asked.

"What, n-" He spoke but got cut off by yet another lightning bolt. He reacted in a similar way to the other ones. I stared at him.

"Fine." He muttered. I sat down beside him and wrapped my arm around him. For some reason he didn't resist.

"Do you know why?" I asked.

"No, I think it has to do with my past but I can't really remember things from before I was ten." He said. I nodded. Another lightning bolt struck. Nico flinched. I could tell he was more scared than he let on. I kept my arms around and silently played with his hair. We stayed like this the entire storm, maybe even a bit longer than that.