Track 24

"Acting like you're all that is just empty bragging, why're you so afraid? A brave loser will come up and take the lead. Let's make this big, just like you wanted it."

__________

Track 24

          Hwayoung pushed Mr. Kim's unconscious body off her and stood up slowly, careful not to injure herself. From the corner of her eye, Hwayoung saw the politician begin to lunge at Chaewon. Before he could reach her, Hwayoung darted to push Chaewon behind her and away from the politician. Hwayoung turned her head, but not far enough to the point where she could not see the politician anymore, "Are you okay, Chaewon?"

          She nodded her head, "I should be the one asking you that."

          Hwayoung took the three-hole punch out of her hands to use it as a weapon to threaten the politician from lunging at the both of them. Hwayoung made sure to shield Chaewon just in case the politician tried anything funny. The politician looked at her with a crazed expression before bending down to help Seo Youngchul stand up, "You stupid woman. I've always known you weren't smart enough to know what's good for you."

          Hwayoung swung the hole punch, making the two conscious men flinch, "Shut up. Your whole existence is idiotic. You are just good-for-nothings."

          "What did you just say?" The politician took off his blazer and loosened his collar, "What did you just call me?"

          "Typical of you to ask. All idiots never get anything through their thick skulls and now their ears too," Hwayoung gulped, scratching the back of her throat from the dryness, "Do something. I dare you."

          "You bitc-"

            A loud bang echoing through the office sent everyone cowaring to the floor. In seconds, law enforcement personnel swarmed the room. The papers tousled onto the ground as the frosted glass walls exploded from the explosion. Upon the sight of the men, the police tackled them to the floor to handcuff them. In the midst of the chaos, Hwayoung lost grip of her hole punch and replaced the hold onto Chaewon's shaking body. Shouts of profanity between the men and police deafened Hwayoung to the point where she began to lose all sense of logic.

            Thankfully, in that moment, some of the officers took hold of the women and escorted them completely out of the entertainment building. Once they were out, Hwayoung finally felt like she could breathe. Although the meeting felt like only a couple of minutes, the sun had already completely set, leaving the colored, flashing lights flickering brightly against the dark atmosphere. Her hyperventilating started to slow as her body began to calm. When Hwayoung made eye contact with Manager An, her body immediately flew to him and bursted into tears, "I was so scared! I didn't know what to do. I thought I was going to die! Well, not die die, but like, sign my life away to those scumbags die! I thought I'd never see you again! I promise I won't ever make fun of you ever again!"

          Manager An held her tightly, rubbing her shoulder blades to comfort her. He kept patting her until Hwayoung had finally calmed down enough to stop rambling. Once stable, Hwayoung was released and given a large blanket to wrap around her. She used its edges to wipe the tears away from her eyes. While more law enforcement entered and exited the building, gathering all the evidence they needed, Hwayoung, Chaewon, and Manager An sat on the curb of the street.

           Hwayoung sniffled, "Manager An, the timing was a bit too convenient, don't you think? How did the police know that we were in trouble?"