Track 16

"No need to keep awkward silence. Be cool and move on."

__________

Track 16

           The bright early-afternoon sun shone its warm rays upon Earth, contrasting the occasional chilly breeze that gusted. Hwayoung stood in front of JYP Entertainment with her usual essentials-filled black duffle bag by her side on the concrete. Bobbing her knees up and down as she waited, Manager An exited the entertainment and stood next to Hwayoung, "Got everything? Ready?"

          Hwayoung nodded, "Yup! Tired, but also kind of excited at the same time. We should go over the schedule again just to make sure we're both on the same page."

          Manager An deadpanned unapologetically, "You didn't read the schedule I sent earlier, huh?"

          Hwayoung sheepishly smiled and giggled, "Caught me."

          "You're not a good liar," Manager An sighed deeply already feeling stressed before the trip even began, "Once the coach bus gets here, we should depart no later than thirteen o'clock. Since Boys Before Bouquets is a historical drama, we will be going to the countryside about four hours away. The site is too rural, so they don't have actual hotels. Instead, me and the other managers will sleep in the bus-"

          "The bus?" Hwayoung interrupted, "Isn't that uncomfortable? Will you guys be okay? I mean being middle aged and all takes a toll on your body, you know?"

          "Yes, the bus. The seats are convertible," Manager An ignored Hwayoung's middle-aged comment with a glare, "Don't interrupt me or you'll be the one sleeping in the bus instead."

          Hwayoung pursed her lips and quickly nodded as Manager An continued his explanation, "You and Stray Kids will be sleeping in the traditional house. Don't worry, it's big enough for all of you. We'll meet the production crew at the shooting site tomorrow and film everything we need."

          Hwayoung soaked up the information as Manager An made his way to the company van to take out his own duffle. Hwayoung bounced side to side lightly until the chaotic crew in the revolving glass doors shifted her attention to the emerging Stray Kids. Hyunjin emerged through the doors first, shouting loudly, "We're going on a trip!"

           Felix and Jeongin came out next, shouting and jumping along with the hyper Hyunjin. Hwayoung laughed as they ran around excitedly as the rest of Stray Kids calmly made their ways to stand near Hwayoung. She made eye contact with Chan for a brief second before shyly looking away. Last night's memory of their almost kiss replayed in her mind, arousing a creeping rosy blush on her cheeks. Chan shared the same look as Hwayoung did, but seemed to be disguising it better than she could. Chan coughed, readjusting the black beanie on his head, "Hi."

          Hwayoung blushed even more, "Hey."

          Before their conversation could unfold, the coach bus arrived, temporarily parking on the side of the street. All managers stood by the bus door, taking headcounts to make sure nobody was accidentally left behind. Hwayoung was the first person to board the bus and took a seat near the third quarter of the bus. She slid herself past the two neighboring seats to allow room for Stray Kids to pass her and take their respective seats at the back.

          Hwayoung picked up her duffle and lifted it above her head to shelve away; however, Hwayoung literally fell short of her goal as she barely reached the overhanging platform. Whether she stretched her arms or stood on the tips of her toes, Hwayoung still could not reach the platform. She frustratedly huffed to herself, attempting one last time before deciding to give up. She stood on the tips of her toes again, pushing the bottom of her duffle bag with the tips of her fingers.