The Death of Kakashi Hatake

"You Mother Fucking Bastards!" Sarah De'Arr screamed as she watched her most beloved character die on screen.  She had come out of her seat as she watched in horror as not only was he killed but completely vaporized with nothing left.  She then started crying.  It wasn't just a few tears it was ugly crying, the kind where your nose starts running and you lose all strength as you fall to the ground.  "I'm never watching Boruto again!"

Everyone knew it was going to happen eventually.  Whoever the writers of Boruto were, they seemed intent on eliminating all the original characters to make way for Boruto and his crew.  Yet she could not wrap her mind around that Kakashi Hatake, the copy Ninja of the Leaf, was dead and in such an awful way.  It did not matter that he was a fictional character, to her he was as real as anyone else because of the way he had impacted her heart.

She missed her chair as she sat down and stayed on the floor bawling for a good thirty minutes before she was finally able to pull herself together.  Almost as if they knew, the phone in her pocket started ringing.  She wiped at her swollen eyes before answering with a raw voice, "Hello?"

"Damn, I KNEW you'd overreact to that!" One of her two best friends, Melissa Wray, said on the other end of the line.  "That's why I didn't call right away."

Her line beeped as she pulled back to see that it was her other best friend, Matt Avery, on the other line.  "Hold on, Matt's calling too.  I'll pipe us all in to a group line."

A minute later, her other besties voice came howling across the phone, "What. The. Fuck! Let's forget for a moment that they have totally fucked this show from the beginning... made it worse by killing off Kurama... almost killed Naruto - who the FUCKING SHOW IS ABOUT - and has precluded that both he and Sasuke will be killed... But they Fucking Vaporize Kakashi?!  What the fuck!!"

Sarah couldn't help but laugh a little.  Matt could articulate everything she would want to say so perfectly at times it was almost scary.  Melissa was making agreeing noises on her line.  He went quiet for a moment before asking, "Are you okay, Sarah?"

"No," she answered in a small voice.  "I know it's stupid to be this upset over a fictional character but tell my fucking heart that."

"We should like start a boycott across the world," Melissa said.  "Especially before they decide to kill off anyone else."

"I'm not watching another episode," Sarah responded.  "I only watched for him.  Now that he's gone... I'm done."

"Well... fuck, what are we going to talk about then?" Matt said on the other end.

"They're just going to cluster fuck the rest of the characters too," Melissa responded.  "I'm with Sarah, I don't think I can watch another episode after that shit show."

Matt sighed, "Yeah but I have to... I can't just stop... my OCD won't let me."

Sarah then started laughing.  If anyone could get her laughing it would be Matt.  She wiped at her eyes again, clearing away the tears.  "You do what you must," she finally said.

"We're still on for the ComiCon tomorrow right?" Melissa asked.

"I'm in mourning, not dead," Sarah laughed.  "Of course.  I'm driving."

Melissa groaned, "You're not going to kill us on the way there are you?"

Sarah snorted, "My driving is impeccable.  What are you worried about?  Have I ever failed in that department?  Besides, my car is the newest."

"And the fastest," Matt muttered.  "They should prohibit lead foots from owning race cars."

The next morning Sarah was pulling out the bag she kept in the back for any loose trash to toss in her can by the curb.  She smiled as she looked at her bright blue Mustang.  She had saved for a few years to get a big enough down payment that she could get all the bells and whistles on her dream car.  She was not sure why she loved Mustangs so much but she had all her life.  She was meticulous with it as well, always detailing it weekly or after extended trips.  It still looked brand new even after having it for a year.