Chapter 19 / Arcade games

Y/n

Walking inside the busy Chinese restaurant, being carried by Loki on his back. You had to, your ankle was killing you. During your running, you didn't notice you fell down; twisting your ankle. Now here you were, being carried by an ex-villain inside a restaurant.

As Loki places you on a seat, Tony starts ordering the food. It was a nice and pleasant evening. You were suprised they would even open for this long, and welcoming your group. Even if you were evaded with dirt, your suit was kind of burned and your hair was frizzy from the electricity. Tony looked terrible, his face filled with blood. Pepper was only wearing a sports bra and shorts. Maya looked traumatized and Loki's armor was sprinkled with dirt.

As the food came in, you clapped. Haven't eaten in a while, for hours actually. Immediately digging in.

"Finally! I thought I would never taste food again." You speak up, your mouth covered by your hand.

"Likewise." Pepper chuckles, eating her food aswell. "We should come here more often."

"Maybe after we get some rest." Tony replies.

"Isn't it funny?" You ask, making the group look at you. "It's just that Loki's invasion was like 4 days ago. And this is how we spent our rest." You explain. "No offense to Loki, I'm just saying that it was kind of reckless? I guess."

"Hey, weren't you the one who defended reindeer games in the first place? Now that is reckless." Tony retorts.

"Oh please, am I the one that stayed inside a burning house?" You crinkle your nose at the man.

"Hey-"

"Okay, how about let's just eat. We-I don't have all day." Maya interrupts Tony.

"You're leaving?" Pepper asks Maya, she nods and gives a sad smile.

"Have you guys forgotten we're still in Miami?" You remind them.

"How about the Mandarin?" Loki asks from beside you.

"Chill out, lovebirds. We'll get to those in a bit. For now let's just eat." Tony answers, not really answered.

Tranquility wasn't really what you would call it, it was mostly clicks and clangs of plates and silverware. After a few seconds you thought of the vice president, saying he would help but he didn't.

"We are gonna arrest the vice president, right?" You ask. "I mean, he didn't really help when he said he would. So I just thought."

"It depends on Rhodey and the president. We'll see." Tony replies, you nod and keep eating.

The rest of the night was filled with chatter talking about what to do after. You suggested to relax, that Pepper and Tony get a little date night. And many things. Now walking out of the restaurant, Tony asks, "So, what now? New York is far away."

"Teleport?" Loki asks.

"Great idea." Tony said, grabbing his shoulder. "Let's go!"

"I-I think I'm staying here for now." Maya smiles, rubbing her arm.

"Oh? Why not stay with us for a while?" You ask, Loki draping his arm on you waist. "It'll be fun." You insist. Pepper clings on to Tony.

"I'm sorry, y/n. But if you need me I'll be here." She smiles, you give an understanding nod and wave goodbye. "It was fun while it lasted. Goodluck with the future." After a few seconds, fog covered your vision and you were back inside the tower. Pepper and Tony stumbling away from Loki.

"You know what would be great right now?" Pepper asks Tony. "A good nap." She smiles.

"Yeah, great idea!" Tony remarks.