Chapter 20 / I'm mad at you

Y/n

Have you ever wished you didn't do something? Yeah, I wish I didn't look at the the television.

Coming back from the bustling mall, you were met by Pepper watching the news intently.

Loki decides to go back to his room and take a nap, for it was tiring today. Bruce decided to go and visit the labs, leaving you with Pepper.

Seeing the news for yourself, you saw the vice president walking away with guards escorting him; his hands handcuffed behind his back. You walk to the couch, leaning on it as the reporter talks.

Pepper looks behind her and sees you, asking, "Back so soon?" You nod, sitting beside her. "You look tired."

You hum, "Today was fun, but exhausting." smiling, you take a pillow and listen to the news.

Seeing Trevor walk with guards around him, lights flickering each direction but he still had a smile on. Yeah, he reminded you of a friend. Jack Sparrow, crazy man.

The news change quickly to a picture of you and Loki on the bicycle game, you groan. Knowing where this was going.

"Is there a new avenger lurking throughout? And is she really dating the man who wreaked havoc on New York? We'll be waiting for answers until then."

The reporter finishes and it changes to the weather, Pepper closes the television and stands up. "Guess you're famous now." She walks to the fridge, rummaging for food.

"Should I tell Tony?" You ask, leaning your head to look up.

"Mhm, he's probably already informed of this. He'll handle it, sweetie." Pepper tells you, thanking her; you leave the room and search for Loki. You were bored again and he always had something to do.

~~

Finding his door, you expected him to be asleep. But you only saw his back that faced you, he was writing on a notebook.

Carefully and quietly walking to him, making him jump you asked, "What are you writing?"

He clutches his chest and slam the notebook, looking at you he chuckles nervously. "Nothing, dear. What are you doing here?"

"We're on the news!" You exclaim, laying on his bed. "And I'm bored." You smile, getting more comfortable in his bed. He hums in response and starts writing again. "Why must you ignore me." You yawn, closing your eyes. "I think I'm gonna head along and nap." You whisper, hugging one of his pillows.

After a few minutes of silence, he looks over to see you asleep. He smiles and moves closer to you, kneeling by the bed.

He wanted to know more about you, he wasn't sure if he should do this. But he so badly wanted to. So, he slowly places his hand on your forehead. Using his magic to look through your memories. Not knowing he was making your relive them.

~~

"Mother.." You start, whispering. "Who is he?" you ask.

"This is your new father, Duke." She points to the man beside her, smiling widely.

You look to your sister, who was enraged. She stomped her foot, exclaiming, "But we don't want a new father! We're perfectly fine with our old one. Even if he is dead." She whispers the last sentence.

"Why you-" Duke walks to your sister, his fist curled into balls.

"Please don't.." Your mother whispers, but she was ignored.

~~

Loki felt your forehead creasing, his too. He watched as your sister got hit and beaten, as your stepfather looking at you angered.