Chapter 70 - Kill-joy

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us,"

You walked to the platform with the rest of the Avengers, specifically Natasha, who smiled at you whilst she did.

"We lost friends..We lost family..We lost a part of ourselves."

You stood on top of the platform all ready, moving to a comfortable stance with anticipation.

"Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. And definitely, no going back to past lovers,"

Steve smirked at you knowingly, making you roll your eyes playfully.

"Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives."

Steve then turns to Tony, his face hard and determined.

"And we're gonna win," He finished, making you clap, dramatically, "Seriously, Y/n."

"Felt like a good time," You smirked, putting your fist to the middle aswell as the others.

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket spoke up, right after removing your hands as they laid limp on your sides, "Y/n kinda ruined it."

Scott shrugs, "I thought he needed an audience."

"Alright, you heard the man, stroke those keys, Jolly green," Tony exclaims, making you let out a silent snicker.

"Tractors engaged," Bruce informs, ignoring the nickname.

Rocket points to what Clint was holding, "You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" He asks.

Clint looks at the piece, nodding in dismissal, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, I'll do my best."

"As promises go, that was pretty lame," Rocket retorts, making you tilt your head in agreement.

Natasha smiles excitedly, especially to you, "See you in a minute," She turns her head to you and Clint.

You smirked, "Definitely."

You all shrunk and split into groups inside the quantum realm, it made yoyr head whirl, all the colors. It was almost overwhelming.

Feeling yourself land on the ground, you found yourself faced with a chitauri. With a scream, you stabbed it with Loki's dagger.

Steve looks at you with a relieved expression, "Be less noisy, Y/n, you almost caught Thor's attention."

You rolled your eyes, "Thank you for your concern, capsicle," You said with sarcasm.

Steve chuckles, "I know you can take care of yourself, Y/n," He retorts, moving on to the group, "All right, we all have our assignments. Two Stones uptown, one stone, down. Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

2012 Hulk passes by, making some of the fellow avengers flinch as he destroyed some cars along the way.

Your current Bruce puts a hand over his face in embarrassment.

You move your gaze to him, "Feel free to smash some things along the way," You pat his shoulder.

"I think it's rather gratuitous, but whatever," Bruce said before ripping his shirt and bolting away.

~~

"Hey, kill-joy, cap got to you, yet?" Tony asks as you see men ushering over.

You shake your head, in another suit, "Not yet, don't worry about it," You dismiss, waiting by a corner.

"Thumbelina, I got eyes on the prize, you copy?" You hear Tony ask Scott, his eyes narrowing at the suitcase.

Scott slides down to Stark's shirt, "Bombs away," He sniffs, "Is that axe body spray?" You snickered.

"Yeah, I had a can of emergencies-" Tony was interrupted.

You chuckled, a little louder than you anticipated, "Yet you still smelt horrible," You taunt, making him groan. Unbeknownst to you, you had attracted a certain God of Mischief.

Tony took in a sharp breath, "All right, move it, Stuart Little. Things are getting dicey up here. Let's go," He ushered.

"Yeah, save him the embarrasment," You whispered.

Scott moves inside the arc reactor, "You sure you won't die?" He asks.

"You're only giving me a mild cardiac dysthymia," He retorts.

"That doesn't sound mild," Scott retorts before working on the reactor.

Cut to when Tony starts writhing on the ground, dropping the case as you see Scott kick it towards Stark.

You spot Steve walking towards you with a knowing smirk, holding the case tightly in his hands.

"Good job," Tony remarks as Steve hands you the case, inside the scepter, "Meet me in the alley, I'm gonna grab a quick slice."

You hear the door smashing open.

"No stairs!" 2012 Hulk shouts, seeing the case with had the tesseract open, the tesseract itself beneath the feet of Loki's.

"Hold this," You said in a panicked tone to Steve, who immediately takes the case back.

You could feel Loki's smirk behind that muzzle as he takes the cube in his hands, though as the fog surrounded him, you lunged right at him.

You were teleported into a land with sand, making you cough as you felt it by your face.

Each you and Loki's hands were on the tesseract, giving him a warning glare, he chuckles.

"You think I'd be scared of a midguarian like you?" He asks, "You might have beaten me once, but now-"

You punched his face and pinned him to the ground, the tesseract being thrown away from his arms.

"Stay still, horns," You threaten, sure you loved Loki, but this one, wasn't yours.

"A God doesn't take orders from a fool," He retorts, before pinning you down instead, a dagger in his hands.

You roll your eyes, "Of course you are, Jotun," You snapped, making him furrow his brows as you set a dagger to his throat aswell. His dagger.

"Why do you have that?" He asks, analyzing the weapon in your hand.

~~

I've been trying to shift for months

-✨