Context

TW for story // alcohol, abuse, emetophobia

25 year old Santana Lopez had been in a relationship with her fiancé, Dani for 3 years now. They met when Santana got the job at Dani's music studio as a singing teacher for teenagers and young adults. Dani was the first girl Santana had fallen in love with, since her break up with Brittany Pierce. Santana and Brittany got together when they were 16 but broke up when they were 20, because Santana moved to New York causing their relationship to become unbearable as long distance.

It took Santana a really long time to get over Brittany and even think about dating again, but after 2 years, she found her match in Dani. She always wanted to stay friends with Brittany, and they were on good terms, but both Santana and Brittany were devastated by the break up so they cut off any contact so they could both try and move on.

Brittany had dated people on and off but hadn't yet found the one. She always thought about Santana and wondered where she would be or what her life would look like now. She subconsciously knew she missed Santana a lot and never wanted to be without her, but sometimes life gets in the way and some things just aren't meant to be.

Brittany stayed in Lima, Ohio when Santana moved to New York, both to go to college. Brittany got into college but soon dropped out because she wasn't enjoying it at all, so she started looking for jobs instead. Now at the age of 25, she owned her own apartment with Sugar, and she had her own Dance studio, which was successful. In fact, it was the number one dance studio in Ohio.

Santana however, felt a bit stuck in life. She finished college and then got the job working with Dani, but no matter how much she tried convincing herself she was happy, she just wasn't.

Dani always put her job before Santana which caused them issues. She also wasn't good with saving money. They were planning to get married yet they had no money for a wedding, and they also lived in a tiny 1 bedroom shoe box apartment which was dingy and cold. As soon as they managed to save up any bit of money, Dani would spend it on clothes or clubbing or a new car etc, which frustrated Santana massively. The spark and the excitement in their relationship had faded, yet Dani seemed to ignore it and try and make Santana happy with expensive gifts and false promises. She would also get crazily jealous and would get angry at the most minor things which scared Santana.

Santana knew something had to change, she just didn't know what.

TW - contains storylines of abuse and alcoholism