Chapter 15

A couple days had passed now since Brittany's birthday, and the girls hadn't been apart. They were both exactly where they wanted to be.

However, Santana had to fly back to New York in a couple of hours to pick up the last of her belongings. She left a lot of them at Finn's place as he didn't mind and she knew they'd be safe there, but some were also in the old apartment with Dani. She left behind her microphone and stand, some sentimental jewellery and also quite a chunk of money, just in case she ever had to go back there. She couldn't get all of this to Ohio in one flight and she didn't want any of it shipped in case it got lost or damaged.

Brittany and Quinn were extremely apprehensive of Santana going back to New York after everything that happened, but it reassured them that she'd be with Finn and the other glee club boys the whole time. She was only staying for a couple of nights and Brittany and Quinn put some money towards a nice hotel for her.

They so badly wanted to go with her, but Brittany couldn't get any more time off work and Quinn had history with Finn which always made the atmosphere a little awkward. Santana didn't want them to come anyway, she wanted to show them she was independent, confident and strong again.

- 1 hour later -

Quinn had come over to Santana's to see her before she left. Santana and Brittany were embracing each other by the door, not wanting to let go.

"I'll be back in a couple days, I'll miss you though" Santana said to Brittany as she pouted. "I'll miss you too, promise to text me when you land?" Brittany asked. "Of course" reassured Santana.

"When you lovebirds are done, give me a squeeze san" said Quinn. Santana let go of Brittany and hugged Quinn before she grabbed her suitcase and headed for the door, with the cab waiting outside.

She pecked Brittany's lips one last time before she got into the cab and headed for the airport.

Quinn stayed with Brittany for a while as they rarely got to spend time together. "Do you think she'll be okay? What if she gets freaked out whilst there and has them bad memories flood back? Am I worrying too much?" rambled Brittany.

"I don't think you're worrying too much, it just shows you care. I'm worried too, but I'm glad she'll be with Finn and the boys, they think the world of her and will make sure she's safe" reassured Quinn. Brittany smiled weakly at her response.

- 2 hours later -

Brittany felt her phone buzz in her pocket, it was Santana.

Santana: 'Just landed. Finn's coming to get me, miss you already xx'
Brittany: 'Glad you got there safe. Miss you too!! Don't have too much fun without me xx'
Santana: 'I could never xx'

Brittany felt instantly relieved and knew she had nothing to worry about.

...yet.