A forbidden love (a teacher and student romance) Chapter 2

When I finally snapped back to reality, I made my way inside, I already had my swim for the day.... I looked at the clock and it read 4:00pm. I lugged myself up the stairs towards the shower. I turned the water onto the hottest setting, and jumped in. I spent a unnecessarily long time in the shower thinking about this mystery guy, Stefan. I felt giddy. I never felt a strong connection so fast with a guy I had just met. I hoped that it wasn't totally obvious I liked him a lot. But I still hoped he liked me. I turned the faucet down and pulled myself out into the rigid cold-my mom paid for central air. I wrapped myself in a towel and turned to my room , which was the only room on the right up stairs. My mom took the room downstairs after we left my dad at the age of eight. The last memory I have of him was one I wasn't too fond of. He got drunk, really drunk, and he would throw things around, including my mother. I shoved those young memories as far back as I could and never wanted to know what had happened to him. My mom works as a ultrasound technician, and works week days from 8AM to 7PM. I don't get to see her often on weekends either because she's a part-owner for a day care center. My mom always wanted me to have the best, and that's why we lived in a pretty big house. The other partner that runs the daycare center with my mom is the neighbor James' mom, Clare. She used to watch me when I was little, while my mom went to school to learn about the tech stuff. Clare had a warm heart, and I was grateful my mom had her, like I had Kassie. I changed into a Hawaiian floral halter top, that was navy blue with white flowers. I chose a pair of dark navy , skinny tight caprees and began to blow dry my hair. I felt my phone vibrate, and I looked to see 10 missed calls. The first one read Kassie, the second, Kassie, the third Kassie, and so on.... I quickly dialed her number since I knew it by heart and I heard a agitated voice "SARAH ELIZABETH ANDERSON!" , I hesitated "uh, yes?". She was calmer but the hint of annoyance still rang in her tone "I'm outside, and my mom left before because I told her you would be at the door in any minute, but YOU never came...., Just come to your door ,bye" beep. I ran down stairs feeling guilty, I opened the door. "Hey Kassie, sorry I was blow drying my hair, I didn't hear you knock." she smiled warily, "Its okay, can I come in now?" I cleared the door way and gestured her in and she laughed, "Why thank you." We walked up the steps and Kassie went to my bathroom, while I finished blow drying my hair in my room. I decided to straighten my light brown hair. I had a few natural blonde high lights that came out during this summer . I decided to part it to the side and I straightened my long side bang. I wanted to start wearing more make-up going into senior year to make myself look the same age as the others. You see I skipped a grade in elementary school , making me a year younger. I am sixteen, but I was right by the cut off date for being in the next grade anyway. I turn seventeen on October 25th. I don't wear a lot of make-up, but tonight I was determined to look good. I started out with some foundation and equally applied it around my face. I then took some of the powder foundation that went with it and the color sank in and blended with my pale tone, bringing it to a tint of color other then my horrid white. I smiled, it looked really good, and natural. I remembered how Kassie was putting on her eye liner a week ago, and grabbed the brown one to mimic her movements. When I was finished with that, I rummaged in my moms make-up bag for a mascara. I finally got a waterproof Olay one that looked decent and applied a little because I already had very long eye lashes. I grabbed my own clear lip gloss and dabbed a little off in a napkin. My face didn't look to overdone, or under done, just right. I was proud and surprised I got it right on my first try. I stared at the pretty face in the mirror admiring what make-up could hide and bring out. I had the occasional blemishes, but my face was pretty clear before I put it on, but now it was flawless. Sadly, my freckles were still showing. I had freckles under my eyes along my upper cheeks, they were cute but I was sick of them since I normally didn't have them. The sun always brought them out, and just from being out there for an hour today, they were even more noticeable.. Well anyways, I went under my dresser trying to find the cap to the lip gloss and when I came back up, there was a loud and held out gasp. I looked in the mirror to see Kassie wide-eyed and holding her hand to her mouth. "You look, amazing! Oh my gosh!" I giggled. She still stood there frozen in the mirror , but her hand was down now "You just look sooo pretty" it looked like she was going to cry , I stood "Thanks, Kassie" She smiled "I can't wait to see the expressions of everyone when they see you!!!" I was laughing in my mind, I did want to see the expression of Stefan.. Kassie looked at me with a huge grin on her face. She looked really pretty too. She kinda over did her make-up though making it over exaggerated, and piled on. Her hair was in a bun with a side twist. I looked at what she was wearing, a bright orange tank and short shorts, with flip-flops. I felt over dressed now. Kassie must have noticed my embarrassed expression, "Your outfit makes you look very pretty and it has a hint of hotness so don't worry about it, I decided that I might go swimming at tonight so I wore this. She plucked her bikini strap. Great, she was going to abandon me tonight to go swimming in zero degree water. I smiled warily "Thanks, and you look amazing too!" a real smile took my place when I said the last part. I sprayed my vanilla bean perfume and smiled in the mirror. Tonight was going to be ..interesting.