A forbidden love (a teacher and student romance) Chp.11

He was playing mind games with me wasn't he? 'We cant be together' then the other minute 'your friend Stefan' and to greet me with such a dashing smile. He had brought mixed signals to a whole new level. He was so angry. So happy , I don't get it. Okay over analyzing, I did my business and looked into the ugly bathroom mirror, the lightening always made you lose your self esteem. I washed my hands and wondered how awkward it would be to pass him. I hurried up and felt kind of nervous. To my surprise when I walked in, he wasn't anywhere to be found. I walked over to the igloo and melted in my seat with disappointment. That was until I realized Kassie and Austin looking at me with a concerned face. "Whats wrong?" they said at the same time harmonizing. "Nothing just tired" I laughed without humor. They looked at each-other with raised eyebrows, and then continued to stare me down. "Jeez its nothing okay" How would I even get through this day knowing all this stuff. It was entirely unfair for him to do this. Okay I shouldn't completely blame him that's wrong. RINGRINGRING. Great lunch was over. I got up and headed to...English. I put on a smile and asked Kassie where she was headed to and she said she had bio with Austin. I smiled and waved goodbye , English was easy I noticed some of my 'school friends' and kind of zoned out when she started talking about the criteria and such. The bell finally rang and the day passed along fast. Until I reached ninth,gym, ugh. I wasn't that coordinated but whatever. I headed for the gym doors instead of the locker room already knowing we don't have to change yet. I saw kids herding toward the bleachers so I decided to follow them. I sat down at the end seeing none of my friends in this class. The bell rang and our principal Mrs.Harris started talking, "We all know Mr.Kinsley retired last year and we have yet to find a knew gym teacher , but luckily just for temporally terms Mr. Carter, some of you might have him for Art is going to be teaching you" All the girls started whispering and giggling and I felt my body tense. This was just incredible. "He was football captain for this school for 3 years in a row and taught soccer to elementary. So he is quite qualified and I'm sure you will have a blast! Thank you and please treat Mr.Carter with respect this is his first day to." That was when I saw him, he was just on Que. He came from the far side of the gym. I gulped. I could know it was him from miles away. It was the way he held himself, like he owned the ground beneath his feet. I was so shocked this was completely a surprise , and I was happy until I remembered what he had said. We were done. He had a wooden clipboard by his side. He scrolled the eyes of the girls and boys on the bleachers until he landed on me. He just smiled and I didn't really breathe at that moment. It felt like forever when he finally decided to leave my eyes. I looked down and played with the ends of my hair. This was awkward to say the least. I know he said 'your friend Stefan' Stefan. He used .Stefan instead of Mr. Carter. That shows- I was cut off of thought when he stared talking, "Hey! Okay so this year we are going to be playing soccer indoors, bad-mitten, and the spring choices are going to be varied. Today you have to come get a lock and pick a partner to share your gym locker with. I'm very excited to teach you guys this year!" He smiled his dashing smile and somehow found my eyes again. I felt like jello. I immediately looked away trying to find a partner. No one was alone, and paired up. All the boys with boys , girls with girls. I just kept looking back and forth and then I found my saving grace. A girl named Chelsea in math approached me and of course I accepted. Stefan started taking attendance. I started daydreaming and questioning things. I didn't really even get to know him that well anyway when I thought about it. I knew cute stuff. I knew he was passionate. He defiantly had looks checked off my list. "Sarah" he managed to choke out. "here" I said in the smallest voice. He went on and I realized he called me Sarah. While he called the last people he used there last names. I smiled thinking maybe he did it by accident. "Okay now that attendance is over , one partner come grab a lock please and write down the digits and names." Chelsea said she had to go to the bathroom so I was obligated to go get one. Stefan was sitting right behind the box of locks making sure everyone signed. I sat down until I saw the line die down. I was last to get  mine. "So Sarah I was um wondering-" , "Um uh don't worry about it i'm okay were okay all is forgotten" He looked hurt and inside I was the opposite of okay.  I wished we could just-"Sarah can I - never mind" I looked at him and he was looking at someone behind me I sighed wrote my name as neat as possible along with Chelsea's and the code. I gave him one last half-hearted smile and he just nodded. He nodded. ugh. I shouldn't have said all is forgotten. All was permanently branded inside my brain. So not forgotten. I couldn't stop questioning, daydreaming but yet I put on a show. I just want him to be happy. I want to be happy. He's happier without me. I put my head phones in and waited for the bell. Closing my eyes I wandered off. "And I go back to December all the time" I felt a hand gently touch my shoulder and woke up startled. I head butted whoever woke me on accident and heard a thud. Oops I thought. "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean-" Stefan was laughing on the floor shaking his head at me. "Your a funny girl Sarah Anderson" I just stared at him with glowing eyes his were play full but then they turned serous and cold. " I uh the bell rang and you fell asleep, you've kind of been here for 20minuets I hope you don't have a bus" he looked guilty. Why hadn't he woke me up sooner? "Were you watching me sleep" I said with a grin. He just scratched the back of his neck, "Well i mean, you just looked so peace full and rested , I didn't um -" I bursted out in laughter, "that's really sweet of you" His eyes sparkled and he let out a laugh easing the tension. "Stefan about before I-" He tensed "I'm sorry I really need to go, faculty meeting sorry,-" "Okay" I said . I headed for the exit in annoyance I grabbed my bag and the exit signed seemed to be getting closer. "Sarah meet me in the north corridor before school 6:30 sharp" My heart skipped a beat and I decided to give him one last wave goodbye, but as soon as I swiveled my heel around he wasn't there.