A forbidden love (a teacher and student romance) Chp.3

We went down stairs and then went outside, while locking the door behind me. The beach was about 6 blocks away. The sun was nearly setting , and we made it their at exactly 6PM. I was glad we left around 5:40ish. It was very crowded, there was people everywhere. All ages. There was a fire all the way down the beach near the ocean, but the only reason I knew it was there was by the smoke. Teenagers surrounded it. I hoped we could avoid that area for a while. I looked around and saw a barbeque, and a line of refreshments to the left. Picnic tables were next to it. I heard soft music coming from the right of the beach, and a old guy about in his mid-fifty's was playing his acoustic guitar, with some of his friends. In the center were groups chattering loudly, and Kassie tugged my arm pulling me into the crowds of people. I was guessing she was trying to get to the fire, I was right. There was a big gap between the groups of people and the teens. I couldn't imagine why. Ha. Kassie let go of my arm and ran towards her group of friends. great, I was stranded in the no-man's land alone. Kassie was popular, and very outgoing, while I was more of a follower and quiet, unless I strongly believed in something, then I would speak up. I slowly made my way towards the scary groups of teens mixed with boys and girls. I didn't really socialize with boys, except Drew. He has been mine and Kassie's best friend since seventh grade. He really understood me, but was a little much sometimes. Over-excited, over-talkative, over-protective, over-friendly, well you get the point. I was over the soulless path and gave Kassie and disappointed look, she mouthed "Oh,Sorry" I just nodded, there were long log benches along the fire. I looked for a open seat and found one at the end of one log that faced out towards the ocean. I sat down and looked at the sand. I hope he will show up. I was disappointed. I didn't see him anywhere. Stefan was defiantly my motivation for coming now, and I frowned, he wasn't here. All of the sudden I was bumped harshly on the right side of my body making me fall off the log onto the ground, ow. Luckily ,I didn't fall foward into the fire, but to the empty side or sand. I looked up with a angry expression on my face to see Drew. He was looking the other way and said "sorry about tha- " and thenhe looked at me with his mouth open. I felt self-conscious. Did I have sauce on my face from the pizza me and Kassie ordered for dinner? Or-, and then I remembered, I must have looked different to him since he has never seen me with make-up on. I laughed out loud. He shut his mouth in embarrassment and offered his hand. I took it and gracefully stood up, when I was sturdy on the ground, I pulled my hand away. His expression hardened, and then went back to his soft baby face. He smiled , "You look very pretty tonight." , I tried to joke to make it less awkward , but I had a feeling it increased, "I don't look very pretty every day?" I forced a fake laugh, but he just looked away and rubbed the back of his neck. "No, I meant you ju-", "Its okay, I was just kidding" He bit his lip and finally gave me eye contact, "So where's Kassie? You didn't walk all the way over hear alone did you? I could have drove you-" "Kassie and I walked here t-o-g-e-t-h-e-r "I exaggerated each sound, holding out he word. He looked down again, "Oh okay good, well if you need a ride home, I could take you guys" . "Okay, thanks." I sat back down and he sat next to me, giving me no space what’s so ever. I practically had one cheek on and the other off, very uncomfortable, I stood, "Hey, Drew, I'm gonna go get a drink.", he looked up at me "Do you want me to come with you?", always the protector, "No, that’s okay." I sighed , as I started walking, Boys I have known and boys I didn't know stared at me with wide eyes. Some with their mouths open like Drew’s, and others with smirks on there faces. I was definitely creeped out to say the least. I liked the attention, but this was a little much, did I really look that much different? no I shook my head. I kept my eyes in front of each step I took in the sand. I was finally away, and was walking across the dreaded no-man's land, feeling eyes on me from both sides, I looked down. I started to think of anything , random, just to get my mind off of where I was, in the literal center of attention. All of the sudden I was on the ground with a sharp pain that shot on the side of my ribs. I tried to sit up but it really hurt. I breathed in, even that hurt, What the hell had just happened?