Chapter 14: The Tooniversity Dance

Maddy, Bella, and Trixie were sitting and chatting when Cecilia bursted through the door happily. "Guys! We are going on a shopping spree in Toontown!" Cecilia squealed as she handed out money to everyone. "My stepmom and my dad got money for all of us to go pick out a dress we like for the dance!" she said. All the girls cheered and headed out to go shopping. They all started to sing as they pranced through Toon Town:
This is our big night
We're getting ready
And we're doing it up right
This is our big night
Friendship survived,
Now we'll start it out right
The time's right, gonna make it last 'cause it's the first night
That we're ever gonna start to just have fun together
We're so glad, so happy we could never be mad
Did it right, now this is our big night now
Four friends on the way up now
Four friends here to show you how
This is our big night
We're getting ready
And we're doing it up right
This is our big night
We made it happen
Now let's party all night
We're here now and we worked so hard to make it come around
To tonight so let's try to make it last forever
The school lights so bright, beat is pumping through the night
Party's starting, DJ's got the music just right!
Four friends on the way up now
Four friends here to show you how
This is our big night
We're getting ready
And we're doing it up right
This is our big night
We made it happen
Now let's party all night
This is our big night
This is our big night!

Everyone picked out their dresses and they all loved them!

Maddy's dress:

Cecilia's Dress:

Cecilia's Dress:

Trixie's dress:

Chernabella's dress:

That evening, they all got ready for the dance and chatted away

That evening, they all got ready for the dance and chatted away. Then it was time! Everyone arrived as the DJ pumped up some jams. Trixie, Cecilia, and Maddy were sitting together as Bella walked off to go dance with her date. Just then, Maddy saw Zeke and Zoey showed up. Maddy watched them as they walked hand in hand. Then they started dancing. As Maddy was watching this, Cecilia tapped Maddy on the shoulder. "Hey Mads, Trixie and I are going to the dance floor. Wanna join us?" she asked. Maddy shook her head. "Well if you need anything, just let us know!" Cecilia winked at Maddy as Cecilia and Trixie walked hand in hand onto the dance floor (yes Trixie and Cecilia are in a secret relationship). Maddy just sat there and sighed, wishing she was dancing with Zeke. As Maddy was watching toons dancing, she saw Roo sitting alone across the way. Maddy decided to walk over to Roo. "Hey Roo. You're alone too?" Maddy asked. "Applebloom said she would show up but never did. She even pinkie promised me!" Roo sighed. "I guess I lucked out," he said. Maddy felt bad for Roo. Since Zeke was so busy dancing with Zoey, Maddy had an idea. "Well since you have no one to dance with, do you wanna be my dance partner?" Maddy said, holding out her hand. Roo smiled and took Maddy's hand as they danced on the floor together. "All right everyone, now it's time for the official Prince and Princess of Tooniversity!" said an announcer. Everyone gathered around the stage to see who got the picks. "I hope it's us," Zoey giggled to Zeke. "You would make the perfect princess," Zeke winked at Zoey as she blushed. "And the winner is...Zoey Luc and Zeke Simpson!" the announcer said. Zoey giggled as Zeke brought her up to the stage. Everyone cheered as Maddy looked sad. Roo patted her on the back to comfort her. Zeke waved while Zoey blew a kiss to everyone as they headed backstage to get their crowns. Everyone went back to dancing on the floor. Roo and his friends went out on the fields to roughhouse. Maddy stayed back and got some punch but wanted to check on Zeke to see if he was ok. She headed to the bathrooms and saw Zeke and Zoey walking by so she hid behind the front door to get in to the girls bathroom. Zeke and Zoey sat on a bench. "I can't believe we won!" Zoey said. There was a long pause. "I had fun with you tonight, Zeke. I couldn't have done it without you. You're one of the bestest friends I ever had," Zoey told Zeke. Zeke took both Zoey's hands or paws. "You are the most beautiful princess in the world. You make my heart soar! Every time I see you I get butterflies. But you are an amazing friend and I'm in love with you," Zeke confessed. "And I wanted to give you something too," Zeke said as he kissed Zoey and they started smooching. Zoey enjoyed it and returned the favor. Maddy was devastated and started tearing up. Suddenly, they stopped kissing and the love spell broke on Zeke. "Z———Zoey?! What are you doing?" Zeke asked as Maddy fell onto the floor, completely in tears. Zeke looked over and saw Maddy crying. Maddy grew so upset that she ran out the door of the school. "Maddy wait! Come back!" Zeke called. The floor that Maddy ran on had ice on it so Zeke slid across the floor skateboard style and followed Maddy's tracks. Zoey felt bad that she had done that to Zeke. Suddenly, she heard clapping behind her. "Well done Zoe! This could go in the books! Oink Oink!" Herbert snorted. "But I—" Zoey started to say. "No buts! We have to get back to Mr. Facilier and Jafar quick before someone sees us," Boris said. "You heard him Zoey, let's go," Becca said as she dragged Zoey out the door. Maddy ran to the sports field where Roo was. He saw Maddy running toward him. "Maddy what happened?" Roo asked. She ran right past Roo as she ran out of sight. "This isn't good," Roo said. Just then Zeke ran past him. "Sorry Roo!" Zeke shouted running past Roo and out of sight. Roo was confused so he snuck out and followed Zeke. Maddy ran far that she ran into the woods. Zeke followed. Roo hopped all the way to the woods as well. When he arrived, he saw Applebloom. "Roo!" she shouted. "Applebloom? What are you doing here?" Roo asked her. "I got lost while trying to go to the dance and now I found you!" she said, hugging Roo. "Look Applebloom, I'm in a bit of a hurry. I'm looking for Maddy and..." Ro started saying. "Wait why are you looking for her?" Applebloom annoyingly said. "I don't know. Why don't you go back to the dance and I will meet you there?" Roo told Applebloom as he hugged her. As he was about to hop off, the bullies blocked his path. "Well well well, lookie here! It's the pompus rat!" Boris chuckled. "Good one Boris!" Herbert oinked. "Shut up Herbert!" Boris scolded him. "I don't want any trouble! Just please let me through," Roo said. "Oh really?! You and what army?!" Boris said punching his fist along with Becca. Roo backed up and then Applebloom appeared behind him. "Hello Roo," she snickered. Roo turned around. "Applebloom! You're supposed to be back at the dance!" Roo said. Boris and Becca held on tightly to Roo's arms. "Oh Roo. You're so pitiful. I wish I could go but I couldn't with your date!" Applebloom yelled. Roo realized who he was talking about. "Maddy is my friend! She is not my date!" Roo yelled back. "Oh? Is that so?!" Applebloom said. "I'm afraid I can't go with you. Although you can come with me," she said. "Huh?" Roo asked. Then Applebloom bucked Roo into a sack and Becca tied it up. "Let's go! Hurry!" Herbert said as the bullies and Applebloom ran off.