Chapter 18: Zeke's Betrayal

As Zeke finished singing, he heard crying near him. He realized it sounded like Maddy so he followed it and saw Maddy crying. "Maddy?" Zeke said. Maddy turned and looked at him then looked away. Zeke rubbed his shoulder and sat next to her. "Maddy I can explain. It's not what it looks like," Zeke told her. Maddy looked down. "You said you were my friend and then you changed. Why?" Maddy asked. "I don't know what happened back there. I'm sorry for what I've done," Zeke sighed. Maddy looked at Zeke and Zeke looked at her. "We better head back to the dance," Zeke said. Maddy got up, nodded, and followed him.

They arrived at an abandoned factory building. Maddy was scared and confused as they got inside. "Here we are," Zeke said sadly, rubbing his arm and looking down. "But this doesn't look like the school," Maddy said shivering. "It's not!" said a familiar voice. "Grab her!" the voice said again as Maddy was forcibly grabbed by Boris and Becca. Squirming, Maddy looked up at Zeke. "Zeke?" she said tearing up. "I'm sorry," Zeke said as Dr. Facilier and Jafar showed up behind him. "You, you escaped?" Maddy said frightened at Jafar and Iago. "Shut your trap kid! We all know the whole story!" Iago yelled. "Nice job Zeke my boy! Put her in the chains and lock them!" Dr. Facilier told the bullies and they did just that. "So long loser!" Herbert squealed as the bullies walked away laughing. "Let me out! You can't do this!" Maddy yelled. She tried to yell for help but she was so upset that no one could hear her. Suddenly, she heard a noise. She turned around and saw Roo tied up with a cloth around his mouth.

As Jafar and Dr. Facilier devised their next part of the plan, Boris, Becca, and Herbert were playing cards. Zoey was standing there looking at Zeke who was sitting on a bench and looked like he was crying. She walked over to him and sat beside him. "Hey, you ok?" Zoey asked. Zeke saw her and wiped away a tear. "How would you know?" Zeke asked her upset. "Look I was hired to act out all that stuff. It wasn't really me," Zoey said. "Besides, Applebloom was hired our team and is supposed to kill Maddy by tonight..." Zoey started saying. Zeke paused as Zoey covered her mouth. "Wait what did you say?" Zeke asked. "About me?" Zoey asked sheepishly. "No! It was about Maddy!" Zeke panicked. "Oh that," Zoey chuckled. "Is this true?" Zeke asked her. Zoey tried to contain herself. "In all honesty, yes! I'm such an idiot," Zoey said. "Maddy's in trouble, I gotta save her!" Zeke ran but Zoey stopped him. "I can help!" Zoey said. "I think you have done enough," Zeke said and ran off to save Maddy. Zoey felt bad but had to do something so she could gain Maddy and Zeke's trust. She had an idea.