xiv

Sivaangi clicked her tounge disappointedly when she saw her phone light up while she was enjoying a warm bowl of maggi, it was Kavin Anna, who was the actor of her song and the new addition to her flurry of brothers.

"Sollunga na", she said with a mouthful, holding the phone between her shoulder and ear.

"Oi! Group message pathiya?? Song 1 million views, un fans vera level po."

Sivaangi laughed, "Unga fans um than, aana release panni 10 hours kooda aagala? Athukulla 1 million ah?", she exclaimed shoving another forkful of maggi in her mouth.

"Aama, seri atha vidu, nalaiku dinner ku variya? Celebration mathiri."

Sivaangi hummed, "Ennaku super singer shoot iruke..".

"Athanala enna, athu mudichitu vaa". Sivaangi contemplated it for a moment, wondering if she could make it on time.

"Un aalaum anga irupan."

Sivaangi furrowed her eyebrows and asked, "En aala?".

"Athan, Ashwineyyyy!". Sivaangi smiled and blushed and fervently denied it, "Aalu la illa na, neenga vera yen". Kavin laughed heartily and said, "Seri nee variya illaya?"

How could she refuse when he was there? "Seri varen." Kavin chuckled once more and bid her a quick farewell.

_________________________________________________

Sivaangi laughed at something Ma Ka Pa anna said, throwing her head back when she noticed out of the corner of her eye a black haired figure approach her. She instantly smiled and called out to him, "Sameyyy!". He smiled at the sound of her voice and sat down next to her. They were waiting for the guests to arrive so they had nothing better to do than good around.

"Enna da, phone eh pandrathila!", she exclaimed hitting his shoulder playfully. He scoffed and said, "Neeyun than panala, madam romba busy aaitinga." Sivaangi rolled her eyes and retracted her hand, "Seri vidu, ippo than namma pesaromla!".

They then engaged in small talk, conversing about their upcoming projects. Sam noticed how she constantly checked her phone every 2 minutes and was fidgeting around. He raised an eyebrow and asked, "Edhuku ippo ivalo impatient ah iruka? Ithukaparam enna flight ah pudikapora?". Sivaangi laughed and said, "Oru event mathiri iruka da."

Sam furrowed his eyebrows in disbelief, looking into her eyes, "Intha nerathula event ah? Seri illaye, enga pora?".

Silence took over them as Sivaangi contemplated telling him or not. Ever since Sivaangi and Ashwin started doing whatever they were doing, she had no idea how to break to Sam or anyone else for that matter.

"Asku maaro celebration party.", she decided to break the ice, she can't keep sugarcoating it.

Sam looked at her in disbelief, "Ivalo neram aparama? Anga yaar irupa, amma appa okay solitangala?".

Sivaangi sighed, she somehow didn't like being questioned like a toddler. She was 20, she can handle her own. But she knew he only asked out of concern, so she said "Kavin Anna ellarum irupanga."

Sam shook his head and said, "Unnaku Kavin Anna va therinja 2 varam than airukum.."

"Ashwin irupaaru."

Sam snapped his head back to see her. So that's why her parents allowed it. He felt the familiar feeling build up in chest, an ugly green monster looming over his conscience. He knew why he felt this, and he knew it was unfair to all three of them but he couldn't help himself.

"Avar un boyfriend ah?"

Sivaangi looked up at him, confused at his words. Why such a random question? She couldn't figure out what he meant using the tone of his voice. One thing was sure, he did not look like he was fooling around.