xvii

"I'm fine Ashwin" Sivaangi groaned, leaning into the chair. They had been sitting in his friends restuarant again, which had now become sort of their spot, when managed to dash her palm into an open nail. A large wound now sported her hand, blood still oozing out.

Ashwin ignored her as he scrambled around to find a first aid kit. He sat down, taking her small hand into his cleaning the wound. "It's not too deep, so you don't need stitches". Sivaangi suspected that his words gave him more relief than her.

He silently worked, wrapping a bandage around her wound. Sivaangi looked at his face contorted with concentration and worry and found that he looked super cute. He reminded her of a sad yet annoyed puppy.

She snorted out loud at the thought and Ashwin looked at her with an eyebrow raised. She shook her head and said, "You're just cute".

Ashwin rolled his eyes and pretended to be annoyed and said, "Ama ippadi ethachu panitu cute nu koopdu"

"Na enna venumne va panne?"

Ashwin sighed and shook his head, standing up. He looked at her for a long moment, before lifting her up from her seat and placed her on the high table nearby. Sivaangi smiled sweetly as he took her hand into his once more, kissing the wound softly.

She giggled and it sounded like music to his ears. Unable to hold back, he kissed her wrist, slowly peppering her arms with unspoken words. Sivaangi breath hitched and she leaned back. He reached the base of her neck and a chill ran down her spine as his lips ghosted on her neck. Sivaangi audibly gasped when he placed another kiss there and Ashwin looked up amused.

Sivaangi blinked at him and said, "Adi paata neenga ipadi than panuvingala?"

Ashwin smirked and said, "Vaithaiyam pananum la".

Sivaangi's eyes widened, she didn't know this shy man could speak such words. She blushed furiously and hid her head in his chest. Ashwin laughed and pulled her back gently leaning her against the wall. They looked at each other, not knowing what to say. Sivaangi found that she was almost always speechless around him, too overwhelmed with feeling to speak.

Ashwin sighed, tucking a loose strand of hair behind ear. "You should be careful, you get hurt too easily". Sivaangi blinked, not sure if he was talking about her hand or something else.

Ashwin leaned forward and placed his forehead on hers, his arm wrapped around her waist. He nudged his head forward placing a brief kiss on her lips before pulling back. "Edhavadhu aacha?", he asked.

Ever since they entered the restaurant, he had noticed that she was too quiet and that her smile wasn't her usual. She seemed lost in thought, probably how she got hurt as well.

Sivaangi sighed, somehow he always managed to see through her. She brushed her fingers through his hair, not knowing how to speak on what happened.

"It's okay" Ashwin said. "I won't force you, but I'm here to listen".

Sivaangi looked into his brown eyes and gave in. "Sam kooda sanda. Na avan kitta pesa matingaren, time spend panna matingaren, etho distance iruku nu sonan. I told him, na romba busy ah irunthen. And then he started talking about you and how I my priorities are mixed up."

Ashwin frowned. He knew of the shipping and stuff, but he never really minded any of it. Sivaangi had it made it clear, he was the only one in her life right now. He wouldn't be the type of partner to sneer at every male she talks to.

"I mean, what does that even mean?" She continued. "I'm so tired of people telling me who and what my priorities are. Ithuku munnadi they didn't give a shit about it. Aana ippo ellarukum oru aakarai. I'm tired of people making seem like a kid who doesn't know everything. Na ellathayum therinju than panren." She finished, crossing her arms across her chest.

Ashwin looked at her in suprise, he had never heard her speak like this. It seemed as though she was bursting to talk about this with someone and he was glad he was the one to hear it. He brought her closer to him, rubbing her back to calm her down.

"I think this has more to do with people talking about you that way than your fight with Sam. Ennaku avana pathi ethume theriyathu, aana avanuku konjam poramaiya irunthathu pola. Give him time, he'll get over it." He said, looking into her chocolate brown eyes.

She nodded slowly as she pondered over his words. He was right, it seemed as though the fight with Sam was just a breaking point hiding more deep feelings underneath.

"Do you think we should go public?"

Ashwin pulled back and looked at her in shock. He didn't know where that even came from. Sivaangi, however, seemed to take offense in his shocked expression.

"Public ah pona? Seri aiduma?", he questioned, not really angry but wanting to know what was going on in her head.

She looked at him, moving away. "Yen ivalo shock aaringa? Ippo naan enna soliten?" She scoffed, not really knowing what was coming out of her mouth. "Are you ashamed of me or something?"

Ashwin looked at her bewildered, "What? No-". He sighed, "Na apadi solave illa Sivaangi, neeya ethavathu purinjakathe."

She narrowed her eyes at him, "Then why are you so reluctant? Etho namala pathi solita ungalaku etho kora mathiri pesaringa?".

He blinked at her, feeling some irritation creeping up. "I didn't say any of that, unnake theriyum yen sollavena nu. This is your problem, nee overthink panni neeya etho mudivu panipa"

Sivaangi scoffed at his words, "So this is suddenly about me?".

"Weren't you the one who started it?".

Silence fell in the room. Ashwin sighed and inched closer. "Ithu paaru, yaaro solranganu you don't have to let that cloud your judgement. Don't you know about us?".

Sivaangi faltered and looked at him, feeling guilty. "I'm sorry, I don't why I said all of that, we don't have to go public. Ennaku bayam vanthuruchu, yaaravathu ethavathu solli it'll make us fall apart, or that I'll be a bad streak in your reputation."

Ashwin silently wrapped his arms around her, and placed a kiss on her hair. "I know, but the next time, enkita pesu, tension aagathe." She nodded, wrapping her arms around him, feeling safe in his arms.

"You're not a bad streak in my reputation, I wouldn't have anything if it weren't for you. If having a good reputation means I won't get to be with you, then my reputation be damned."

Sivaangi felt the familiar warm feeling in her cheeks and bashfully kissed him, not knowing what else to do. "Theriyum, aanalum bayama iruku. I have a lot of insecurities." The sun was down, and so was their anger. Ashwin cradled her face in his hands, stroking her cheekbone with his thumb. If he could freeze this moment, he would.

"I know, we'll handle them one by one. We have all the time in the world."

________________________________________________

hi hi makkale!

i hope you liked the chapter, i just wanted them to fight lol.

this was written in a hurry in the bathroom, so it maybe not that good lmfao. hope you guys enjoyed it, please leave a comment.

love,
sai.