epilogue

five years later...

Ashwin breathed heavily. The air was full of laughter and happiness. In one corner, he could see his father and Siavangis father talking about politics and in another he could see Sivaangis brother and his sister's husband talk about cricket or whatever it was. Banter could be heard from the kitchen where Pugazh was probably entertaining their mothers.

He felt a poke to his side and he turned around to see Sivaangi. She looked insanely pretty today, dolled up in a pretty sky blue saree, her jhumkaa jingling with every head movement. He was truly lucky to call this woman his.

"Enna ore thinking?", she asked. He smiled at her and held her hand tightly,

"Just really happy."

Sivaangi smiled. She noticed everything. She noticed the happiness on his face, along with anxiousness. She saw her aunts gush over Aathira, and the rest of his family and how genuinely happy they were for him. She saw their mothers talk about her saree for the wedding, she noticed everything. Sivaangi was a girl who noticed everything.

"Mota madiku polama?" she asked and Ashwin nodded in agreement. She signalled over to one of her cousins and they nodded.

The terrace was filled with plants of all kinds, courtesy of Ashwin who everytime he came over, brought a leadfy friend with him.  Sivaangi leaned over the railing, looking down on her street road.

"Inniku romba excess azhaga iruka." Ashwin said, wrapping an arm around her waist. Sivaangi smiled fondly and said, "Naa epo saree katinalum neenga ipadi than solringa."

"Matha nerathalayum nee azhagu than. Aana, saree katine etho vera feel varuthu." Ashwin confessed.

Blushing, she hid her face in his shoulder. "Engagement aana aparom romba thayiryam aaiduchu."

Ashwin laughed, "Ithe vida ennalamo pesirken. Naa ethu sonalum nee ipadi than react panuva."

Sivaangi whined, still burried in his shoulder.

"Sivaangi.." he started and she hummed in response.

"Enna paaru ma..", he spoke in his husky tone. Lifting her head up, she looked at him, getting lost in his deep brown eyes.

He released her from his grip and took a deep breath and said, "Naa itha pandrathuku munadi, romba grand ah pananum, full scale la seemaya pananumnu nenechen aana ennaku ethu yosichalum seri varala.  Appo than I realised, it's because nothing about us is filmy or grand. Athu naala than unna ennaku ivalo pudikum. Intha ulagathula ellarum yaar persusunu sanda podumbothu, nee neeya iruka. Entha expectations um illama, you are always living your life for yourself. You keep me grounded. Ennaku nee venum, en lif full ah, unkooda ella experience um share panum. Kadasi kalathaila un kooda than irukanaum, athuku aparam ennaku innoru jenamam vantha athuvum unkooda than irukanaum. Intha aaru aadi valarntha kozhandaie nee than paathukanum. Athunala, will you marry me?".

Sivaangi stared at him blankly. She had never dreamed of a proposal, but this was perfect. It wasn't dramatic, and his words pierced through her heart in the most comforting way possible. She looked down and saw that he was holding a ring embellished with a diamond that emitted a light purple hue. Tears blurred her vision and she nodded her head rapidly.

"Yes, god yes," she said, tears spilling onto her saree. Smiling, Ashwin slipped the ring on to her nimble finger and looked up at her.