We have to stay here

Maria's: POV

-Flashback-

January 29th 1987: Women shelter

"Thank you so much Olivia for this." I said. "You and your son is safe here." she replied. "Mommy, is it because of daddy we're here?" asked Adam. "Yes honey and we have to stay here." I explained and stroked his hair.

(Olivia, 23)

(Olivia, 23)

(Adam, 5)

We went to the living room and met other women who had been victims of abuse. I sat down on the couch with Adam and gave him a present. "Happy Birthday my darling." I said softly. He opened her gift and help up a teddy bear. "I love him, thank you mommy." he replied happily and hugged him. "You're welcome honey." I said and kissed the top of his head.

***

"We will always be together?" asked Adam and lay down in his bed. "Of course sweetie, I'll never leave you." I said calmly. "I love you mom." he replied and hugged me. "I love you too and one day we will be free and then we'll travel far away." I said with a smile on my face.

"We could move to London." replied Adam and smiled back. "That sounds absolutely wonderful." I replied and he smiled happily. Good night mom." he said. "Good night Adam." I replied.

-End of the flashback-

Olivia had no idea that the sweet innocent Adam would grow up to be the most feared criminal in LA.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~