The Bad the Good then the Worst

I heard a knock on my door. I ignored in my anger, why can't she just be different, why can't she remember me dying.
The knock again.
"What!?" I screamed

In poked Karen's teary face. "Oh shit Karen" I rolled off of bed and collected her into my arms, "I'm so sorry I didn't mean to scare you" she sobbed into my arms. "Karen I'm sorry, do you want breakfast?" She nodded I'm my arms so I retrieved my parka from the wardrobe, zipped up grabbing my sister by the hand and pulled her out of the house.

##############################

Maddie's POV:
I woke up in Craig's bed in between him and Tweak. I remember stabbing a criminal last night and parting ways with Mysterion, he seemed so angry with me for some reason, but when that man stabbed me he instantly protected me. I didn't understand Mysterion.
I limped to my empty house to sew up my stab wound and then changed clothes to come back here for some reason.
I turned to Craig and Tweak's sleeping faces and made a decision. Mysterion is very protective but he is only my friend, just like Craig.

I no longer had feelings towards either of them. As I slowly lifted myself off the bed and headed downstairs where Stan and Kyle were asleep on the lounge head to feet way. Then there was a light knock on the front door, I answered quietly to see Kenny with Karen holding his hand. "(Muffles)= Hey Maddie I hoped you would be up, wanna go for breakfast with us?" He asked politely.

"I would love to Kenny" I smiled.

###########################

We went to a diner near the railway and ate our waffles. "How's school going Karen?" I asked smiling down to her, she clutched Kenny's arm as she ate. "Really good, I like hanging out with Julie" she had a toothy grin as she kept eating.
"Yeah Julie says she loves having you for a friend, she's coming home this afternoon if you guys want to go to the park later?" I sipped my coffee. I noticed Kenny was looking down and disappointed at his waffle, was he mad I bought both his and Karen's breakfast?
"Did you go back home Ken?" I asked as his lifted his head to me, his eyes glassy and irritated.

"I didn't want to stay the night, missed my bed" he commented bluntly. "Are you okay Kenny?" I held his hand which lay on the table. It felt so warm, and he held my hand back making my cheeks warm with pink. He looked up to me and he appeared to be smiling under his hood as his eyes looked brightly to me shining blue that felt so familiar to me. I think I was falling more for Kenny.

Kenny's POV:
I think I was falling more for Maddie.

#############################

We walked to Maddie's house where Jamie and Julie were getting out of her Nan's car and running towards her. Her Nan looked disgustingly at Maddie then turned her horrid gaze to me, checking me up and down like I was a rat. She jumped back in the car before she did anything else. Maddie held her sisters hands as they walked into her house with their bags also in hand. I followed inside with Karen once inside Lisa hugged the two little girls then turned to Karen and I. "What are they?" She snorted. "We're going to the park Lisa chill" Maddie sighed as she carried the girl's bags upstairs to their rooms. Jamie and Julie walked over to Karen, both hugging her while Lisa's gaze never left me. I could smell the alcohol radiating off of her.
"I'm making sure you don't steal anything" she slurred to me. Maddie hurried back downstairs and grabbed Julie by the hand as the five of us hurried out of the door. We walked along the path to the park, I let go of Karen's hand as she ran ahead with Jamie and Julie, leaving Maddie and I trailing behind.

"She didn't say anything did she?" Maddie turned to me with concern. I lifted my hood down, "apparently I'm a thief" I laughed. "God fucking damn it" she chuckled back. "I should have explained that only thing I would ever steal from her is her super cool step daughter" I winked at her. She blushed, "I think she'd disagree with that one" she chuckled.

She lightly grabbed my hand as they swing in front and behind us in unison. "But as long as I see those beautiful girls everyday I can tolerate anything she throws my way" she smiled at her sisters ahead of her. I grabbed her hand tightly, shocking her a little.

"I get that" I looked into her beautiful emerald eyes and she looked back into mine. We reached the park and watched the girls play on the equipment. Maddie rested her head on my shoulder "sorry I'm a little tired" she giggled. My heart skipped a beat, my cheeks started to get warm as I wrapped my arm around her, "that's okay, I'm a good pillow" I smiled and she giggled back.
This bad day was getting better.

##############################

I walked Maddie and her sisters their house, hugging Maddie as she went inside. Then I walked Karen back to our house as the sun set. Once we got inside Mum was putting out lightly warmed up waffles and a piece of KFC chicken for dinner. We all grabbed a plate then sat in front of the tv and watched the news, I heard Mum and Dad argue in the kitchen so I turned up the volume to drown it out for Karen. Kevin tapped me on the shoulder and whispered "I got the good shit in my room"

I knew what he was talking about then leaned over to him whispering back "I took some from that party last night" I smirked. We usually did this at night once Karen was asleep to distract ourselves from life. I was ashamed of it but it was one of the only things making me happy. After I tucked Karen into bed and she fell asleep to the same story book I read her every night cause we couldn't afford more.
   I walked down the hall to Kevin's room as I heard plates smash in the kitchen. He let me in when I showed him the little baggie I had in my hand. Let the shame smoking commence.