New Friends...homies

Pic is Gemma x

/////////
"BEAT YOUUUUU" Josh was currently dancing around my room, shoving in my face that he'd beat me on COD by one point.

Josh was dancing around my room like a maniac, whilst I was fumbling threw my drawers, for my water pistol. I sprayed the freezing cold leftover water onto Josh's back and he squealed like a little girl as his body froze up and he pounced on me. Tackling me to the ground, us both laughing hysterically. His hands began tickling me as he pinned me down, we were both in hysterics and eventually, we were laughing so much we just curled up into a ball, laughing so much our stomachs ached. A black shadow cast over us and i lifted my head to see a smiling Mum.

"Hey, you two want to run up the shop for me?" Mum asked, waving a £10 note

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Please...fucking pleeasssee" Mum begged

I looked at Josh and we both stood up and I grabbed the £10 note and hugged mum briefly and we ran downstairs. I put on some uggs, whether they were mums or mine i didnt know, and Josh wore some football boots. We opened the door to the harsh wind and we walked outside towards the shop.

"So, I don't know, tell me about you" Josh said

"Well, I don't even know much about me" I shrugged

"What do you mean?" Josh said

"I don't really know who I am" I said

"Let's start simple, what's your favourite YouTuber?" Josh said

"That's not simple! Probably, Connor Franta, Joe Sugg, Tyler Oakley, Caspar Lee or Mum" I had more, but that would be a never-ending list.

"So, have you met all of them?" Josh asked

"I've met mum, duh, and Joe, but that's it, Caspar and Connor are coming over on Friday and Tyler might be coming this week but I havent met many YouTubers" I said

I was about to enter the shop when Josh paused. In front of the newspapers.

"Gem, look" Josh pointed to a The Sun newspaper.

My mum was the front cover, at first I was thinking 'awesome' but when I saw the no-makeup picture of mum going to the shop and all these hateful comments, I wanted to cry. That was my mum. Being hated on. Couldnt a woman go to the shop without makeup? I was about to blink back my tears but Josh just hugged me, letting me let my tears fall.

"How can they be so hateful?" Josh said, his arms seemed to be securing me.

"I don't know" I wiped me eyes, grabbing one of the newspapers, I would have to show mum.

Josh clutched my hand, I didn't see it as flirtly, I saw it as brotherly. Speaking of brother's, did Josh have any?

"Do you have any brother's or sisters?" I asked

"No, but my mum is pregant" Josh shrugged

"Oh my gosh that's great!" I said cheerfully, picking up some milk and 2 energy drinks and wobbling over to the cashier.

"Yeah, I can't wait, it's due in like 2 weeks" Josh said

"Swear to god you wait until the last minute to say things, why do I just know this right now?" I laughed, handing over the money while my items were bag.

In fact, I didnt even know what mum wanted from the shop, I just assumed it was milk. Josh shrugged again and he took the bag, still holding my hand. It's like he could tell that if one thing happened, I would break down. We quickly ran home and I let myself in. How would I show my mum the newspaper? I walked in and mum and dad were watching TV.

"Gem, why have you got a newspaper?" Dad asked

I handed it to mum and they both read, there expressions changed from excited to sad as they read on. I saw a tear run from my mums eye and dad hugged her.

"It's okay" Dad said

Josh lead me upstairs and cracked open the energy drinks, handing me one as we lay down, scrolling through Instagram.

"Look!" Josh handed me his iPhone. I saw thousands of trending hashtags like #shutdownthesun and #ignorethehatezoe #weloveyouzoe
I smiled so much. I posted an Instagram picture of me and Mum from my adoption day, the capion being:

"So happy for my mum @zozebo's support after the sun's article, love you 😝 #weloveyouzoe"

I posted it and took a sip of my drink. My day had been okay, better than I thought.

//////////////::::::::///////////
Authors note:
Sorry for the super short chapter guys! I just wanted to let you know about the suns recent hateful article, please post on Instagram and Twitter using the Hashtags #weloveyouzoe #supportforzoe and #ignorethepaperszoe
I want you to also comment what you think Josh and Gemma should be! Bestfriends or a couple?
Love ya'll, remember to brush your teeth xD
~Lauren
xxx