Chapter 36

"So, what are you gonna wear?" Charlotte asked.

"I might wear one of the dresses I bought, I'm not sure, you?" I shrugged

"I'm wearing a short dress or jeans, I'm not sure whether to go slutty af or not slutty af" Charlotte laughed

"I don't want you being a hot mess so if you're wearing anything short, your sticking with me!" I giggled

"Okay! If you insist! I'm going to take a shower, won't be too long!" She ran out laughing.

I walked up to my wardrobe, looking at the mountains of clothes I owned. I decided to wear a Twenty One Pilots tshirt, black jeans and some adidas trainers. I decided I'd keep a dress in my bag, just in case I wanted to change. I didn't bother doing anything with my hair, it looked alright today. I tied it up into a high ponytail and walked up to my mirror. I looked okay. I didn't look gorgeous but I looked okay. I took my phone out my pocket and scrolled through my Twitter feed and quickly tweeted:

Out with bestfraand 👯❤️Xx

I looked at my Twitter dms, Caleb had spammed me, alot. I couldn't deal with him. I quickly dialed Dylan's number and asked about the party.

"Heyyy my g!" I heard Dylan's voice on the other end.

"Hey, so is the party at your place?" I asked

"Yeah, you can come whenever and leave whenever, I've missed you man!" He said

"Awesome! So is Caleb there? We kinda argued" I questioned.

"Yeah, sorry, Josh and Jordan are gonna be there, so if he talks to you, you've got backup" Dylan reassured me.

"Thanks bro, means alot" I wasn't going to let Caleb's presence stop me from having fun.

"See you then!" I hung up and Charlotte walked in, wearing an extremely similar outfit to mine.

"You rock that so much better than me, you look flawless!" Lottie said excitedly.

"Aww thanks, but damn you look fire!" I laughed

"Okay so, I need a favor!" She said, seriously.

I looked at her curiously.

"Oh! Don't worry! It's fine!" She said

"Okay? Let's leave so we can get there early" I grabbed my bag and walked out, Charlotte following behind me.

"Bye mum! Bye dad! Love you!" I said quickly as I ran out the door, not giving them a chance to discuss what time I would leave the party and 'the dangers of alchohol'.

Dylan's house wasn't too far, it would take about 15 minutes to talk, but it would be pointless to get the bus, and I didn't have enough change for a taxi. The walk was mainly silent, but in the best way. Us both deep in our own thoughts, our arms linked. I hoped Caleb wouldn't cause trouble at the party, I'd never seen him in a drunken state but I imagined he'd be the sort to get too drunk too fast and then be very immature. At least I'd get to see Dylan again. Dylan was an old friend of mine. His mum was quite close with my mum, and after my mum's death, we never really spoke. I missed him alot, he was alot like my brother. Soon enough, Dylan's house came into sight. Just before I knocked, Charlotte grabbed my arm.

"Are you sure?" She asked, knowing that I was dreading Caleb.

"I'll be fine" I sighed

"If he tries anything, I'm here" She smiled sweetly before ringing the doorbell.

Dylan opened the door, his floppy brown hair in a cute attempt of a quiff, with the top of the quiff a slightly lighter shade of brown, the way it always was. He was wearing a typical dylan outfit, sweatpants and an adidas hoodie. His eyes were the same color as mine, hazel.

"Hey! The house pretty much empty, a few people are here, but it's only 7" He laughed.

"I've missed you so much!" I laughed

"Haha! I've missed you too! Who's this?" He asked, looking at Charlotte.

"My names Charlotte, Gemma defense squad member number one" She giggled.

Dylan laughed and gestured us in. We walked into the kitchen where nobody was, everyone was mainly in the lounge, picking music and talking about guests. Me and Charlotte helped ourselves to some lemonade, we knew that starting with alchohol wasn't wise.

After making some new friends, discussing old friendships and catching up, me and Charlotte had pretty much met everyone. Although the house was filling up with a variety of different people.

"Are you sure Josh is coming?" Charlotte asked, sipping some lemonade.

"Ugh, if Caleb comes and Josh doesn't, I'll pretty much die" I sighed.

"Speaking of Caleb" Charlotte looked towards the door.

A group of rowdy boys walked through the door. The sort you'd see listening to Skepta in the park with some cigarettes. Among the group of about 7 boys, I saw Caleb, wearing a nike tracksuit with adidas trainers, like most of them. I made an attempt to not look at him, hoping we wouldn't make eye contact, but that didn't stop anything.