Chapter Eight

"Then I want to cash in my request now."

Arthit, who had now moved onto playing with Kongpob's shirt instead, remained silent, waiting for Kongpob to finish.

"I want you to say yes, to whatever I'm going to ask you tomorrow okay?"

"The whole day?" Arthit exclaimed, looking positively worried now.

"Yeap, the whole day." Kongpob grinned down at him, looking like a cheshire cat. "Come on, it's my 18th birthday. You want me to be happy right?"

"Fine." Arthit grumbled. It wasn't like he was planning to argue with the birthday boy on his big day anyway. "But you can't go overboard okay? There are going to be others around so keep yourself in check." he nagged as he gently pinched the side of Kongpob's waist while drawing him closer for a hug.

"Alright alright. I promise I won't go overboard.. When people are around." Kongpob whispered huskily, sending a wave of anticipation through Arthit.

He wondered what the younger boy had done to him, when his simple words could turn his brain to mush.

The clock struck twelve, with its chimes reverbing through the room, marking the start of Kongpob's 18th birthday. The boy was beyond ecstatic, Arthit's promise had just made it his best birthday ever.

"Happy birthday Kong!"

Arthit drew himself up to cup the younger's face and placed a gentle peck on his lips. He smirked as Kongpob's lips tried to follow his for more. Reaching over the boy to the little paper bag that had been sitting at the side of the bed, he shyly pushed it into the boy's hands. He slowly repositioned himself to face Kongpob so that he could watch him open up the present.

"Can I open it now?"

"Yes. I didn't want you to open it with everyone else around."

"Why, is it something naughty?" Kongpob asked, beaming widely as he slowly undid the ribbon of the box.

"What! No!" Arthit shook his head vehemently, blushing a little.

As Kongpob reached for the card that was sitting on top of the bracelet, Arthit hurriedly held his hand to stop him.

"Read it later." he said, now turning an even brighter shade of pink.

Kongpob cocked an eyebrow at him but acceded to his request anyway. Putting the card aside, he smiled as he picked up the bracelet to inspect it closely.

"Why the sun Oon? That's you. I'm the moon, you know that." He questioned cheekily, dangling the bracelet in front of the now very red Arthit.

Pulling the bracelet he had kept in his pocket this whole time, he dangled it right back at Kongpob. "So that you can keep me with you, like I'm keeping you with me."

By this point, Kongpob's smile had grown so big Arthit thought his mouth might split. Arthit reached out to his hand to pull it towards him, while his slightly trembling hands slipped the bracelet on Kongpob's wrist and tightened it into place. He then held his own hand out for the younger boy to do the same. He wasn't sure why he was feeling nervous, it was just Kongpob, the boy he had known pretty much his whole life. And the same boy who just called him his wife. He was not going to reject him.

While he was collecting his thoughts, Kongpob dragged him fully onto his lap so he was straddling him and hugged him tightly to his chest. Arthit yelped softly, surprised by the sudden move.

"Thank you Oon, it's perfect." he whispered.

"Now we get to match." Arthit giggled, and added while throwing a little shade at the boy. "So you don't have to sulk at the guys anymore."