Chapter 3: A thank you would be nice

This evening at work I was dancing and stripping, doing all sorts of sexy things on the pole. Mr Way of course was watching from afar. I resented him for what he said to me yesterday, even if it was true he didn't have to say it. I already hate myself I don't need him to tell me I'm any more worthless than I already am. I don't know why I let his words get to me so much but they did, I'd think about them for the rest of the day. I hated how he felt he was above everyone else and the way he treats me makes me so angry but there's  nothing I can do about it, because technically speaking he is above me. Everyone else lets him boss them around and talk down to them because he's handsome but I don't care how good looking he is I'll never give in to that.

Once my shift had finished Mr Way pulled me aside and around to the back room. "I know you did so well tonight, baby, but I'm running out of money so so fast please I need you to give me all the money you've earned today" he said desperately and he genuinely looked upset I felt sorry for him for a split second before remembering how he treated me and what he just said.

I laughed at him. "Fuck off"

"No. Either you give me today's earnings or you lose the job."

I shook my head but now I was worried. "But technically I have because I'm working for free at this point!"

"No it's not and if you're not careful, sugar, I might do a lot worse than steal from you."

"W-what?"

"All I have to do babe is put my hands  around your neck and squeeze it so slowly until you beg me to just kill you. No one will suspect a thing. You're only a little stripper" he said looking down into my eyes

I started to shake trying not to cry.

"I'm much bigger than you, baby, I could kill you if I wanted to"

I shook my head "please, mister, don't kill me?"

He chuckled and put his hands gently around my throat. "You gonna pay up then, sweetie?"

I nodded and he took his hands away from me and smiled "good."

I handed over all my money from tonight to him.

Then he patted my head "good girl oh and also don't tell anyone of this or I actually will have to kill you"

I nodded at him and then he was gone. That was it. I couldn't afford to pay for the hotel anymore. I'd just have to sleep here. I decided to wait a while before speaking to Mr Way again. Was he actually gonna kill me or was that just a threat? Or some kind of sick joke?

I sat alone in the back room for a few hours until later that night when Mr Way went to lock up and then he saw me sat in there. "Baby? What are you doing in here still your shift finished hours ago?"

"I don't have anywhere to sleep anymore because you nicked all my money!"

"Oh. Well...I guess you can stay with me?"

Do I want to? He literally just tried to kill me a few hours ago. Is this a trap? I don't wanna stay with him. But do I really have a choice?

"Wha-what?"

"You can come back to mine and live with me for as long as you like" he said sounding a bit annoyed with me for making him repeat himself.

"How can I trust you?" I asked nervously

"You don't" he smirked "but you're not sleeping in my club so it's me or the streets it's up to you, sugar"

I nodded "o-okay I'll stay with you"

"Good choice" he said in a low voice and got his keys out of his pocket "walk behind me to the car" he said and so I followed

First he locked some more doors and then I followed him to a black car it was a really nice car. If his business is in that much trouble he could just sell it but I decided against saying it because it wasn't helpful and I had no power anymore because I'm relying on him for a job and somewhere to live.