Chapter 14

Chapter 14: Nuisance (Part 2)

They're continuously striving towards the exit of the market, driblets of sweat are falling from Y/N's sweating forehead.

Yeji is anxious about their current situation, therefore she asks him. "What will we do now?"

Y/N answers her as his breath is
shaking, his focus remains on his
front. "We'll run away, while I protect you."

"P-Protect me? Why?" Yeji's face flushed as she looked in the other direction.

Then a bullet hits a stall beside them, resulting in the nearest crowd running away on different paths.

Y/N continuously moves with Yeji towards the exit, the man with the pistol wasn't happy that the "love of his life" was getting away from him.

"YEJI!" he screamed her name hoping that Yeji would stop and choose him over Y/N.

But Yeji didn't stop, the man was in deep resentment over Yeji's response to his call.

He raises his pistol and points it towards Yeji and Y/N, he yells furiously. "STOP RUNNING AND TURN AROUND AND BE MINE YEJI!"

"Yeji!" Y/N was shocked to see the sudden halt of Yeji.

She turns around and stares at the man pointing his pistol at them.

"Please put that down, mister," Yeji begged as she was gesturing to him to calm down.

Y/N eyes explore every direction, while Yeji is continuously aiming to calm the man.

"No! Be mine or I'll shoot you and that nuisance!" the man cried out desperately while holding his pistol pointing at the pair.

Y/N moves his eyes towards Yeji, and he sees and realizes that she's dedicated to stopping the man.

"Sir, please!" Yeji yelled as her hands were gesturing to him to stop.

The man closes his eyes and he shakes his head repeatedly.

"NO! NO! NO! NO!" he stopped and opened his eyes; his eyes remain looking on her face.

Yeji was taken back by him whilst Y/N isn't, he remains calm and pays close attention to the man.

"I-I've never felt anything like this ever since the day that I saw you!" he said.

He touches his heart and looks at it. "My heart beats so fast whenever I see you everywhere!" he shifted his begging and obsessional eyes towards Yeji.

"I love you, Hwang Yeji! Please be mine, I can make you happy!" he yelled, then he moves his feet downwards and hence he kneels.

"I'm sorry, but I have someone whom I love." Yeji looks down, feeling ashamed.

Y/N looks towards her, he gazes at her face. "Hey, don't feel like you're the one who has done the wrong thing."

Yeji slowly looks at his eyes, and she slightly smiles. Until they hear the sound of a pistol being fired near them.

Y/N eyes fall on Yeji's upper body, Yeji looks on her upper body only to cause her eyes to widen in fear.

Y/N stares continuously at her upper body in horror, Yeji slowly stumbles and she falls to the ground.

But Y/N catches her before she hits the cold ground, Y/N's heart is pounding like crazy; his eyes are widening and shaking in fear.