Two

The good sleep was distracted by the sound of dishes being washed.

'Mum, did daddy come home last night? I said in a soft pitch.

'Of course darling. Daddy did.'It was daddy's voice. I turned around to see daddy.

He sat on my bed and kissed me on my cheek.

'So you missed daddy, aye?' He asked me.

'Yes. Haha.' I said in a low voice.

'See what I got you.' He said holding a pack in his hands.

'Tadaaa' he said. He was funny.

'What is it?' I asked, curiously.

He gave me the pack.

I undid the sheets and saw a beautiful box. It was purple with pink hearts on it. It was big.

'Thank you so much daddy!' I exclaimed. 'Where did you get this from?'

'From a shop.' He said.

'It looks expensive.' I asked him, looking in his eyes. I could see some sadness hidden in his eyes. But the smile on his lips covered the sadness.

'Wash your face and come for the breakfast.' He didn't want to tell me how expensive it was. I obeyed him and washed my face.

I placed the box on the side of my bed.

                       ★★★

'What's for the breakfast?' I asked mum as I sat on the dinning table.

'Bread and jam or jam and bread!' Mum said jokingly as she took a seat next to daddy.

'Quick! You're already late for the school.' Daddy told me.

I nodded and quickly finished the breakfast.

Daddy used to drop me to the school and then he goes to work. What work? I guess I'll never know that.

I chose black skinny jeans with a white upper and I paired them with my favorite black converse shoes.

'Is the princess ready?' Daddy came in my room and asked.

'Yes king!' I answered.

I quickly grabbed my bag and walked after daddy.

We used to walk to my school and after that I had no idea how my dad goes work.

I don't know why but I feel like as I'm growing up, I'm losing faith in dad. He doesn't tell me anything, he doesn't talk about financial issues.

                    ************

'Yes, come in Emily Bolton', said Miss Belle, our French teacher.

'Thank you ma'am.'

I scanned the class to find a vacant seat. I found a seat next to Harry David, a well known boy of our school. Mostly known as a bad boy. And I was known to be the prettiest girl of the school.

'Would you please take a side so I could sit here?' I said with a smile.

'What? Yea sure.' Harry said with a wink.

I ignored and sat next to him. He tried to come and sit closer to me when I let out a shriek.

'What are you doing?' I asked aloud.

'What?' He said with a wink.

'Miss Belle can you get me seated somewhere else?'

'Sure but what's the problem?' She asked.

'Nothing' I sighed as I didn't want to complain.

Harry gave me a short grin and I grinned back.