Thirty Three

Ariana led me to the room Emily was sleeping in. It was a nice, cold place. On the bed, laid a thin figured girl, beautiful face, beautiful hair and her beautiful smile. She was Emily.
I didn't want to wake her up. I took a seat next to her head and touched her arm. It was cold. As if she were freezing. I saw a blanket at the end of her bed. I covered her in the blanket. She moved a little. My heart beat was faster than ever. I felt a pain in my chest. Her eyes opened a bit. She frowned as she saw my face as if she were recollecting. She quickly sat on the bed.
'Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up.' I said, embarrassed.
'Are you really Zack or is it a mirage?' She asked. She looked confused.
'This is me, love.' I told her, holding her hand.
'How d-' She stopped in her mid sentence.
'Wash your face first. I'm ready to listen to all your anger.' I said.
She nodded and went to the bathroom.
I sighed. I was just so confused. I didn't know what to say.
She was weaker.
She came out of the bathroom.
'Come sit here.' I said, pointing to a sofa next to mine.
She obeyed.
'What's going on?' She asked me.
'You see---'I stopped in mid sentence as I know Rivera at the door.
'You see, she's Rivera!' I changed the topic.
'Oh. Hello.' Said Emily smiling at her.
'Hello.' Rivera answered, smiling at her.
She quickly got up and shook hands with her.
'You're prettier than Zack told me.' She said with a smile.
'Haha. Thank you. You're no less.' Emily said.
'Why don't you two come in the lounge?' She offered.
'Yea. Let's go.' Zack said.
I nodded and followed him.
'What did she serve you?' Emily asked sitting on the sofa.
'Drinks only.' Zack answered, throwing a cushion at Ariana.
'What? Only Rivera would get food.' She said, throwing the cushion back.
'Wait. I'll bring you sandwiches. Those old sandwiches, Zack. You remember them?' Emily asked me.
'Yea I do! Do you want me to help you?' I asked her, because I wanted to talk to her alone.
'Yeah sure.' She said.
I followed her to the kitchen.
I spoke up when I was sure we'd be inaudible to Rivera.
'Where were you all these months?' I asked.
'I changed the school.' She told me.
'And why is that?'
'I had financial problems.' she answered.
'You should've told me.' I said.
'Who are you? She said rudely.
'Emily?' I said looking into her sparkling eyes.
'What?' she said.
'I've always been there for you. That's how you're paying back?' I said.
'You know what? I never depended on you. Never. And why do you want me to pay back?' She said. She was in a 100% mood to fight.
'What? You don't really know what I did for you. I hid something from you. You would've lost all your respect for Mr. Bolton if I'd spilled that.' I said. My face was red with anger. 'oh really? Don't hide anymore. Don't do me this freaking favor. Tell me what it is.' she was angry. Her tone getting higher.
I was angrier than ever.
'Your father. You know what job he has? You know that? He was the kitchen sweeper in the royal kitchen.' I said. I had spilled it.
'Hah. Is that all?' she said. She was fine. She didn't really react. Was it a small thing to do for someone you love? I started to feel like an asshole.
She left the kitchen and ran to the room she was sleeping in.
I walked into the lounge.
The two girls were talking.
'Where's Emily?' Rivera asked.
'I don't know.' I answered. My head started to ache. I had planned a million times to go to a doctor but I was too busy for that. I wanted to run to my house.
'Let's go back home, love.' I asked Rivera.
'What's wrong?' she asked.
'My head's aching.' I told her.
She quickly got up and we said a quick goodbye to Ariana.
********
'Are you fine, Zack?' asked Rivera as we were entering the palace.
'No.' I said running to my room. I felt as if I would die within seconds. Rivera followed me to the room.
I threw myself on the bed.
'I'll bring you medicine.' She said. I took the medicine and expected the ache to end, but it was increasing with time.
********
Writer's POV
Only twenty minutes after taking the medicine, Zack fainted. Rivera called the Royal Doctor.
She also told it to Queen Isabella. She was really worried about her son.
'Was he angry or worried about anything?' The doctor asked Rivera.
'No, doctor. I don't think so.' She replied.
'I would suggest that you take him to a neurologist.' He said.
'Is everything okay?' Asked the Queen.
'I'm afraid, no.' He said and left the room.
The serpents were ordered to quickly get Zack in the car so they can take him to the hospital. They did as they were directed.
*********
The doctors were discussing Zack's case. No one knew what the actual problem was.
Isabella walked on the hospital floor and the noise of her heals annoyed everyone, in the waiting room.
Rivera and Isabella were in the room.
A doctor came out of the ICU.
'Is he fine?' Isabella ran to him.
'Mr. Zack has brain tumor, your Majesty.' He said.
'He has a what? I mean. How is that?' she said. She was ruined. His sons meant the world to her.
'What happened?' Rivera asked.
'Brain Tumor.' She mumbled.
'What?!'